The Guinness attempt at EtherMusic on Aug 7

Posted: 7/6/2005 11:38:54 AM
user

I think there was an e-mail address to write to about this, but I can't find it now.

Is the idea to have eveybody there with their instuments? Maybe all playing the same tune?

Or have they given up on it?
Posted: 7/6/2005 12:21:31 PM
Jason

As far as I know, it's still on. They want to get as many people as possible all playing theremins at the same time. I shudder to think of the power requirements & noise level of all those amps and the cross-talk all those theremins will have, but it should be a "fun" time.

The contact link on the festival site lists "mail@theorangepeel.net" for all questions.
Posted: 7/6/2005 1:53:01 PM
user

Well, it sounds like a real hoot to me!

Hope they do something simple like "Home On The Range". It's bound to drive all of the local dogs nuts no matter what we try to play.

Looks like the request that we e-mail about it is gone from the site.

See you there, Jason......I'm looking forward to meeting other folks from NC and beyond at the festival.
Posted: 7/8/2005 1:19:51 PM
Hammy

I emailed Dave at The Orange Peel about this.

dave@theorangepeel.net

He told me that he and a friend of his (a cello player in the Asheville Symphony) are writing a "custom piece for the event" and that they are open to suggestions.

It sounds cool to me!
Posted: 7/10/2005 4:14:05 PM
user

I hope they plan to play a quick bit of it first. I learned a little music reading when I was younger, but now I'm strictly play-by-ear.
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:59:22 PM
user

Well, crap, it looks like they canceled....did they not have enough attendees or did not enough people express an interest?

Or did the Guinness guy get drunk and miss his flight?

Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Posted: 8/3/2005 11:38:16 PM
Jason

Rats!

My wife's a little happy about this, I have to say :) She'll be ready for me to get home to take the kids for the afternoon after being gone for 4 days.
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:07:08 PM
steveburnett

I believe a large part of the problem was that they were having trouble finding one hundred theremins for people to play. I packed both of mine for use Sunday in response to a request from a fellow at the Orange Peel.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.