Air Travel + Theremin = ?

Posted: 9/18/2005 12:43:04 PM
Charlie D

When I went to Crete a man was forced to demonstrate some bizzare medical equipment that he had with him, for measuring the thickness of blood without making any incisions. I don't blame the security staff though- it did look like some sort of horrific weapon!
Posted: 10/17/2005 8:02:50 AM
Mamijo

I ordered a Thereminix optical theremin from Dollhead Products. It got stuck at customs and I had to pay import duties/VAT. Somehow they did understand that is was a musical instrument, but they categorised it as "percussion instrument".
Posted: 10/17/2005 9:12:36 AM
Thereminless

Go to a Gander Mountain, Cabella's or similar big-box sporting goods store.

There are ALL sorts of pistol and gun cases that are relatively inexpensive, and should hold something relatively flat (like an Etherwave) quite well. Pack it up, and check it as baggage. Putting the manual in the case is a good idea.

I made my own electric guitar last winter (well, more like a Chapman Stick, but that's another story). I found a shotgun case that holds it perfectly, for about $20 on sale.

Thereminless

Posted: 10/17/2005 1:41:29 PM
DiggyDog

Hmmm... I hadn't considered any kind of gun case but that might do the trick.

Right now I am using a case I bought on clearance at Target. It's not a perfect fit but it works OK as long as I am just taking it to and from the car.
Posted: 10/19/2005 3:13:31 AM
Oscar

If you want to know how to make a cheap flight case, follow this thread:

http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=1419&F=1

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.