Hey!!! How about an event for Portland, OR

Posted: 8/8/2005 4:35:43 PM
Tallwes

Judging from all the furom posts, EtherMusic 2005 was awsome!!! Wish I could have been there. Unfortunately, I just simply can't afford traveling somewhere, paying for a hotel and the festival's registration fee. there have been posts announcing other theremin related events. But, none of the events are not close to where I live.

Isn't it about time that Portland, OR have a theremin event.
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:06:34 PM
Jason

I'm hoping ThereminWorld can help sponsor some attendees to next year's event, but we'll have to see. In the meantime, I'd suggest adding that battery pack mod to your theremin & busk for change :) You have a year to save up!

Hope to see you there! I really enjoyed meeting everyone in person finally. I'd like to meet all of you!
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:15:04 PM
HarmonicaSteve

I am new to this group but not the Theremin.
I also am in Portland Oregon. Maybe we could
start something............?
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:55:42 PM
Tallwes

All right!!:) Another thereminist in Portland. I have a friend who is getting pretty stoked on the theremin also. He shopped around for an axe but, of course, all the stores, including Apple Music where I bought my axe, are all out of stock. When he gets his theremin that would put the number of thereminists in Portland up to 3 at least.:) I would like to see "Theremin Christmas" go down at Pioneer Square. Why should all the tubist have all the fun?:) Unfortanately, I would not be able to participate since I don't have any means of battery power for my axe, unless we can get PGE power to the center area of Pioneer Square. Who knows, unless we have alot of really good thereminists, the event probably will get mistaken for one massive, bodacious cat fight.:)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.