Ethermusic 2005 coverage continues

Posted: 9/3/2005 4:35:50 PM
kali

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to see Armen Ra for some time now. He doesn't seem to have a website or anything? does he? I saw a picture of him in a magazine and really want to hear him play. I love theremin and I love dramatic performers! a friend of mine heard him play in LA and said it was beautiful.

Does anyone have any info? why is he so hard to find???

I hope it's ok to refer to Armen Ra as he????

Thanx!
KaLi
Posted: 9/4/2005 3:00:40 AM
Jeff S

I would think it's appropriate to refer to Armen Ra as "he" since he is male.
Those of us who attended Ether Music 2005 had the pleasure of meeting Armen Ra and watching him perform. He is indeed an excellent thereminist with a striking stage presence.
He gave me his card, but it may be inappropriate for me to post his personal information on a public forum without his consent. I'm supposed to send him an email anyway, so I'll ask him how he feels about that.
Being a public performer is no doubt a double edged sword. One must promote oneself while trying to maintain some semblence of privacy. Perhaps for the time being he is trying to err on the side of caution.
Posted: 9/4/2005 5:45:11 PM
Etherspiel

I would LOVE to see Armen Ra live.

Armen, COME TO L.A.!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 9/4/2005 8:52:03 PM
Jason

I have to second that - Armen was very very cool to talk to in person. One of the nicest people I've met in a long time. Before his performance at EM2k5, I asked how he preferred to be introduced. He told me "he" was fine, and that he was more of a "1920's lesbian than a drag queen". He has a great sense of humor, and I can tell he is [i]very[/i] serious about the theremin.
Posted: 9/8/2005 6:29:06 AM
Jason

Here's a brief article from Mix Magazine about the contest winner.

http://mixonline.com/news/headline/moog-ether-music-0907051/
Posted: 9/11/2005 11:40:45 PM
armen ra

Greetings to all Theremin enthusiasts. Thank you for your kind words. I was just in LA recording, and appeared on a live talk show on Q-Television where I played and was interviewed. It is a new network and I am not sure how accessible it is yet.

Last night was the CD release party/show for Barbez and I opened the evening with a few songs. Barbez was fabulous, everyone played beautifully.

Etherfest 2005 was such a great experience, I am delighted to have met and befriended Pamelia, Jason, Wilco, Barbara, the Moog family etc...

A website is in the works, anyone interested in receiving email notices about upcoming shows, please send an email to :armenra@earthlink.net or armenramusic@yahoo.com

Thank you Jason for answering the elusive gender identity issue. The last frontier! Viva La Revolution!

Fondly,
Armen Ra
Posted: 9/18/2005 1:01:09 PM
There_mad350

your welcome

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.