Little help please.. for school....

Posted: 10/2/2005 3:27:50 AM
ThereminKid

I'm doing my electronics project on a theremin and I'm stumped of what an I-P-O chart would be for the theremin..

I gather Input = 12V
Process I'm not sure on and
Output would be sound, RCA and .... ?

Any help would be appreciative!!
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:24:02 AM
Charlie D

The Input for the RCA (the old theremin) is the voltage from the plug. As far as I'm aware it actually made use of the full voltage to run the huge air inductance coils to generate the fields. The voltages inside are lethal! Modern theremins all have transformers though- 12V sounds about right.

The output can be a sound signal, but the electricity would also power the red pilot lamp on the RCA, and various LEDs on newer theremins.

Hope that helps.
Posted: 10/2/2005 1:34:57 PM
RS Theremin

The Theremin IPO (-;

Input: The proximity of your hand manually influences the invisible magnetic field surrounding the theremin antenna, which will un-synchronize the balanced of the two high frequency oscillators, which create a measurable difference that can transform into the true theremin voice.

Process: Heterodyning, amplitude modulation detection, small signal amplification, sound enhancement and audio power amplification.

Output: A 20 - 2000 Hz Audio frequency output, driving an external power amplifier that drives the final acoustic transducer (speaker).

Christopher

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.