I'd like to think it was me...

Posted: 10/6/2005 12:51:52 PM
DiggyDog

..but let's be honest. It was the theremin (with a little help from some Guiness stout!).

Last night, despite strong winds and rains from Tropical Storm Tammy just off the coast, my band played at an English pub downtown.

The show went well. Lots of good moments and a lot of fun.

When I was almost done breaking down the equipment and loading it into my car I changed into a clean, non-sweaty shirt and grabbed the last couple of things and put them away.

It was kind of dark in the place and I was standing behind a girl who was talking to her friend. I heard her say, "...he makes these incredible other-worldly sounds. I just love it! These guys are great. Someday when they are famous I will be able to say "I saw them at The London Bridge Pub.'" She went on a little more like that to her friend but I had to finish loading the car and leave before my hat size grew anymore.

Why didn't I get a theremin when I was single?...
Posted: 10/6/2005 2:44:17 PM
Jason

ROTFL - Diggy, these after-concert posts of yours are great! Thanks!

I'm imagining a world where the theremin player gets more girls than the lead singer... But I'm in the same boat. I'll just to teach my son to play :)
Posted: 10/6/2005 4:36:32 PM
DiggyDog

I too, imagine such a world.

Sort of a New World Order for musicians.

My son is 6 and he already makes noise with it.

He says he is going to play bass and theremin in his band when he grows up.

Hey, I just thought of an angle I can use on the Mrs. when I am ready to bur and E-Pro. We can give the old Etherwave to the boy and I can teach him how to play it....

Posted: 10/7/2005 2:32:11 AM
Charlie D

Just confuse the opposition with nonsense about it having an improved EMF-F-Field, added linearity boostaloids and non-fluctuating invertocoils or something. I just made it sound really, really amazing and advanced to my parents and they eventually yielded to Turnkey's reduced price. Just whack up the jargon and pestering a notch, and you'll have it by Christmas!

Also, don't forget to mention the fact that Carolina Eyck seems to have managed to form a career from the instrument, and she started playing when she was six. . . . your son *needs* his own theremin. Perhaps?
Posted: 10/7/2005 8:59:52 AM
DiggyDog

I like where you're going with this but I don't think the wife would go for it.

I would have better luck with the "buy it secretly and hide it in the garage" method, although I think she would eventually notice.

She has a habit of showing up at gigs once in a while.
Posted: 10/10/2005 10:36:03 AM
DiggyDog

Just an update, the wife didn't fall for it so I will stick with the E-wave Standard for now.

I am saving up my gig money for the Pro so I ought to be able to get one by February........

.....of 2012!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.