Gordon's Progress

Posted: 12/5/2005 7:02:55 AM
GordonC

As I just posted in the General Forum (http://www.thereminworld.com/forum.asp?cmd=p&T=1527&F=1), there are some theremin vids to be found on Veoh (http://veoh.com/).

Well there's another one now.

It's called Gordon and the Theremin. Find it by searching in Veoh for "theremin."

Gordon
Posted: 12/5/2005 8:20:41 AM
Edweird

Your video rocks! You've gotten much better at it than I have. I guess I need to practice more.
Posted: 12/5/2005 6:53:37 PM
GordonC

Wow. Thank you Edweird, that makes me feel really good. Thank you. It is very much appreciated. I am encouraged!

Now, so I don't get all big-headed about it, I would like to invite negative feedback. It would be nice, but not necessary, if it were cast in a positive tone as suggestions and advice.

I mean it. I come from Yorkshire where we don't call a spade a spade, we call it a bloody shovel and I happen to think hard truths are preferable to diplomacy. My ideal job, if only someone would pay me to do it, would be telling people those things they really [i]need[/i] to be told. "Lady, fluorescent Lycra jump-suits are not a good look when you are broadly spherical and spent too long in the tanning salon. Essentially, you're an Oompa Loompa."

I also think turnabout is fair play.

So give me heck!

Gordon
Posted: 12/5/2005 10:30:20 PM
Jeff S

Sorry Gordon....I downloaded it but it wouldn't play for me for some reason.
Posted: 12/6/2005 4:14:23 AM
GordonC

Jeff, my first guess would be that you have an older version of quicktime. You need 7 or higher.

Gordon
Posted: 12/6/2005 12:30:37 PM
sinno

Hey Gordon it wouldnt work for me until I got quicktime 7, so that should work for everyone.
The video is GREAT, you might have been making just spooky sounds at the start but toward the end you started to play the thing.
thanks for putting us onto the Veoh thing too, it looks really interesting and I hope it aint gonna end at episode 1.

http://www.myspace.com/kevinsinnott
Posted: 12/6/2005 7:03:46 PM
GordonC

Publishing to Veoh is [i]fun[/i]!

Sinno, thanks for the kind words. And thank you for letting me post a slideshow of some of my piccies to Veoh with your Invasion (Part 2) as the backing track.

I have another little vid in mind, showing the effect of passing the theremin signal through my ibook to bring it into tune and add reverb and echo.

Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to set up the kit and record it before the weekend.
Posted: 12/7/2005 2:18:43 AM
kkissinger

Gordon, really enjoyed your video. Your enthusiasm for the instrument really comes through. Great fun!
Posted: 12/7/2005 7:09:47 AM
Jason

Nice Job Gordon! You've inspired me to get off my butt and start publishing my footage from Ethermusic 2005 :)
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:58:44 AM
hypergolic

Nice vid Gordan. You are a natural speaker. I posted a vid of me playing a few weeks back. If you saw it, perhaps you noticed my face was not visible?

That was intentional. I was playing Amazing Grace so badly I was embarrassed!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.