Theremin in Wendy's commercial?

Posted: 10/20/2005 11:58:12 PM
Jason

Scraped from LEVNET today from a post by Charlie Lester (http://137.com/theremin):
----

There's a cute Wendys Hamburgers commercial running right now - a teenager asks his dad for the car keys; grumpy dad says no, it's a school night.... kid says "how about nowwwwwww" and waves a big, sloppy, juicy hamburger back and forth in front of his dad's nose like a hypnotist's pendulum --- the dad starts going goo-goo eyed, there's the ubiquitous swirling spiral behind him that always signifies hypnotism is occurring .... AND ... oooEEEEEEEooo theremin!

While it's stock "Halloween woo-woo" effects, it's actually played well and, as far as I can tell, on a theremin with a nice "Singing Lady" quality. E.g., as opposed to the cheesy sine-wavey sampled vibrato sound you usually hear in commercials. I'm pretty sure it's the real thing.

So, I am wondering who did the session. Anyone know?

According to their investor info web site, they apparently have their own in-house advertising agency, based in Dublin Ohio and headed by advertising giant Ian B. Rowden. Course, that doesn't mean the tv commercials would necessarily be shot and scored in Ohio but it's possible.

ARE there any theremin players in Dublin, Ohio?

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!"
----

I haven't heard the commercial myself, but I'll keep an eye and an ear out for it. Too bad you can't program Tivo to record just commercials :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.