More Horrors

Posted: 10/23/2005 4:55:56 PM
hypergolic

Another geek with a theremin is amongst you! A double-E, ham radio type too!!! Ize gots it reeel bad, here.

Anyway----I digress.

I got a loaner Big Briar Etherwave theremin about two weeks ago. I'm playing this thing and actually not running the dog out of the room as quickly as I did when this bad boy was fired up with the Fender Frontman amp for the first time.

To hear an absolutely awful rendition of me playing along with a well known patriotic tune, click on

http://home.comcast.net/~ka4koe/green.mp3

Due to issues with the primitive Windows sound recorder (it stops at 60 seconds) perhaps mixed with a healthy portion of my incompetence, I had to stop and push record again on the program. So the tune jumps spots a couple of times.

Before you get your torches, and come up my street screaming for my spurting red blood, remember, again, I've only been doing this for two weeks.

I have already posted this over in the general forum area, then I discovered this little area.

Philip
Posted: 10/26/2005 8:17:00 AM
hypergolic

Okay, everyone can relax now!!! I've removed the horrid mp3 from the server....

:)

Philip
Posted: 10/26/2005 8:37:30 AM
Charlie D

It was pretty good for two weeks! Most people struggle to extract anything recognisable from the instrument after so short a period of time.

If you can keep up your interest in the instrument, and keep practicing regularly then you should advance incredibly fast. Keep up the good work!
Posted: 10/26/2005 3:13:04 PM
Jason

Consider entering our song-of-the-month contests too. Even if you don't submit an entry, practicing the songs is a great way to stretch your theremin skills past their plateaus.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.