Other Ethervox owners out there?

Posted: 12/26/2006 3:34:28 AM
rsims

I am the very proud owner of an Ethervox Midi Theremin -- Serial Number 005. A wonderful anecdote is when Robert Moog himself telephoned my residence to advise my wife that the instrument's construction was complete and was being shipped.

As a physician, little time is available for practice; however, I do love playing that instrument!

I have another problem with this theremin: a recent move prompted the loss of its owners manual. I would be forever indebted if another Ethervox owner would be willing to share this manual.
Posted: 12/26/2006 4:20:41 AM
TomFarrell

Actually, I *don't* own an Ethervox, but I'd really like to look at the manual for one. If anyone in Boston has one and wouldn't mind letting me look at the manual for a little while sometime (I don't need to borrow it, I just want to look at the manual, say, over lunch?) it would be appreciated.
Posted: 12/26/2006 7:23:11 AM
Jason

At one point, Steve D from Moog told me he might be able to make all the manuals available for download in .PDF format. I'll check back with them to see if he's already done that.
Posted: 12/26/2006 11:08:41 PM
rsims

Actually, I have contacted Moog Music and was referred to their tech guru, Amos Gaynes. He told me that a manual might be available and to email him the next day in order to preclude a lapse in his memory. Multiple emails later have yielded no results.
Posted: 1/3/2007 12:06:33 AM
boom

mine is #41. I can't say enough about how I love this instrument. It totally suits me. It has been back to Moog twice for service which has concerned me. The last time took nearly a year! Not cool. I still haven't learned the MIDI portion as I so enjoy it as a traditional instrument. Not too well versed in the MIDI dept. so there you go! I have 3 other theremins including an Etherwave Pro....just can't bond with it though. I enjoy playing traditional vocal jazz standards and would some day like to hook up with maybe a bass player and pianist and see what kind of music we could make!
Posted: 1/4/2007 6:35:59 PM
boom

I believe the owners manual is available on line at the Moog Music site?
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:10:45 PM
Jason

Welcome to Theremin World!

Steve hasn't replied to my mail yet, but I imagine they're probably swamped with NAMM preparations, etc. I'll cut him some slack :)

I looked on their website, and so far all I've found is the Etherwave manual.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.