The dangest thing just happened to my Pro.

Posted: 5/7/2007 9:10:35 AM
DiggyDog

I odn;t think mesh would do the trick either, since baby roaches might crawl in and get trapped inside.

I had one crawl into my Yamaha analog synth once. I had an apartment and part of the ceiling fall off. After that, there were always roaches in the place, Even after the ceiling was repaired. The roaches checked in but they never checked out.
Posted: 5/7/2007 9:46:26 AM
Bonnie C

If stuffing cloth into the vents looks too tacky you might use two pieces of thick soft foam block instead (which would be easier to insert as well). Just make sure the foam is thick enough to prevent the blocks from getting pushed completely into the instrument.
Posted: 5/7/2007 10:20:53 AM
Thomas Grillo

Hi Diggy, I'd love to send you a gecko, but that would constitute transporting wild-life across state lines, but later this spring, take a look at your airconditioner fan outside, and usually, you'll find one sunning it's self there, or on a fense. That's where I used to find them as a kid.
I don't know if you have geckos where you live. My relatives in new york don't have the kind we do.

Oh, i did find some very thin fome that lets air through nicely, and is used in high end electronics. Evin baby bugs can't get through that stuff. I might try it.
Posted: 5/7/2007 3:59:20 PM
DiggyDog

I don't think we have them here. I have never seen them in the wild.

We do have those little anoles, though. They get everywhere and their tails break off if you are not careful.

We live right at the edge of a forest and I have seen a lot of critters.

I've pulled glass snakes (whcih are really lizards) out of the pool and the raccons love to come up and get a snack of cat food every night.

I also had a water moccasin (which is not a lizard) on my front door step once. I let out a shriek that sounded a lot like a thermin....

Posted: 5/7/2007 4:29:00 PM
Thomas Grillo

A theremin-like shried. That must have been something. At least it wasn't a cotton mouth. I've litterally been face to face with one of them.
Posted: 5/8/2007 8:33:23 AM
DiggyDog

We have those here as well. Most of the animal life stays in the woods but sometimes they come to visit.

Just this morning the wife rescued a little baby bird who could barely fly. The cats were having their way with it on the back patio.

Posted: 5/8/2007 9:08:01 AM
Thomas Grillo

Seeing a snake on your doorstep pales in comparison to waking up from a sound nap only to have a baby copperhead wrapped around the temple of your glasses, looking you in the eye. H E L L O !

Fortunately, I was a young ignorant kid at the time, and happened to like snakes. Thinking it cool, I just slowly got up, went outside, and stood next to a bush, and let him go about his way without incident.

If that had happened today, I don't know what I'd have done knowing what I do about copperheads.
Posted: 5/8/2007 9:22:38 PM
Thomas Grillo

Danged gecko showed up again, and this time, while trying to catch the little bugger, I managed to knock over a camera tripod, which knocked over two light stansions, which were soooo kind enough as to knock over my etherwave standard, which landed with a rather humbling wood on wood thud.

I've gotta hand it to the Moog team though, they really know how to make those theremins hold together under the worst treatment. The danged thing still works, and the antennae didn't get messed with. I guess it landed just right. Fortunately, that theremin was not plugged in at the back. Otherwise, it might not have as happy an ending to this one. I think my dog got the little bugger anyway.
Posted: 5/9/2007 8:34:52 AM
DiggyDog

He sounds like a persistant little thing.
Posted: 5/9/2007 8:58:40 AM
Thomas Grillo

Yup, that he was. I just realized that I had not seen these guys here in Juackson untill after Katrina went through. I guess they migrated up from the coast. Befor Katrina, all we had were the green lizards, and fense lizards.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.