so since Kevin is out of town. let's all talk bad about him.

Posted: 7/15/2007 10:49:56 PM
kkissinger

Ha Ha!

Great afternoon today.

When I momentarily lost track of my keys Buddy said, "The second thing to go is one's memory. I don't remember the first thing."
Posted: 7/27/2007 11:18:08 AM
kkissinger

Buddy asked:

[i]how'd the show go?
any other thereminsts there?
any new video footage?[/i]

The show went very well. A big part of the success was due to the support I had from the electro-music folks. I did not have to make compromises on my sound system setup, including my monitoring scheme and that greatly contributed to the outcome.

A few folks posted comments after the festival in this thread:

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17904

For a performer, the combination of optimum sound balances and an enthusiastic and attentive audience is something that doesn't always happen. The listeners responded with genuine enthusiasm after each work and jumped to their feet at the end.

The experience proved a great vote of confidence for my efforts to create original compositions for theremin and electronics.

Indeed, there were other thereminists there although Kip Rosser was the only other thereminist that performed on the theremin. Kip's offerings, which included a collaboration between him and an excellent jazz pianist, were very well-received. (Perhaps Kip will make a post and share his experience, too.)

The entire festival included strong sets in just about every electronic genre imaginable.

They did take some video however my chances of getting my hands on it is just about nill. If history repeats itself, they will make a documentary-style video that will include clips from the various sets and, who knows, there might be a few seconds of my set in there.

Many folks have encouraged me to create original compositions and I have taken their suggestions to heart. The bad part of this is that composition, for me, is a time-consuming process compared to playing already-existing works. Though the direction of original composition has impacted my output I think that it is the best direction for me.

My efforts include outreach to wider audiences and, while it will take awhile to gain a following, I'm just taking things a day at a time.

Many thanks to folks here on TW and elsewhere for all the support and encouragement.

[i]-- Kevin[/i]
Posted: 7/28/2007 4:51:41 AM
buddy_craigg

[QUOTE][B]Originally posted by kkissinger:[/B]
Buddy asked:

how'd the show go?
any other thereminsts there?
any new video footage?[/QUOTE]

Luckily, everyone with dry British humor is at the convention this weekend so my post will go unnoticed

Actually I think I said something like,
“Dude… If I preformed at the electro-music festival, I would have been telling everyone about it as if I had sex with a movie star.”
Posted: 7/28/2007 5:07:06 AM
buddy_craigg

catty remark removed to protect the innocent.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.