What's most important to you?

Posted: 1/2/2012 3:42:07 AM
Jason

All very reasonable requests!  I'll work on a better organization system and cleaning up links ASAP.  Thanks for the feedback!

Posted: 1/2/2012 5:44:39 AM
Jason

I created an RCA Theremin Tech page and a Keppinger Theremins page tonight and moved several of the items from the generic schematics list to them.  I agree this makes it easier to narrow down your search.  I'll continue soon with break-out pages for optical theremins, misc. tube theremin designs, and more modern-day transistor and IC theremins.

Posted: 1/3/2012 6:59:19 PM
Chobbs

Wow! just for me? ;)

Looks and functions great.  Especially glad the RCA drawings are back and easy to find.  Keep up the good work.

Posted: 1/5/2012 9:31:24 PM
GordonC

I notice that the new forum software has broken the formatting on older forum postings. For example, [i]this[/i] now looks like that, instead of like this.

I don't feel it's high priority, but maybe fixing that could go on the to-do list.

Posted: 5/16/2012 12:37:51 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"[i]this[/i] now looks like that, instead of like this."

Extremely well said, Gordon! "[i]this[/i] now looks like that"  ;-)

And yes, I agree that this is a pain - it is also a pain that one cannot click on links anymore in the old postings, and that embedded images have been replaced with the (longhand) link to the image..

Not high priority, but fixing this would be nice.

Thanks for all the effort you are expending in this site, Jason - I had fears that this revamp would result in a slow site cluttered with needless additions (this has happened on many sites I used to frequent) - But you have managed to improve things greatly without causing any undesirable effects - Great work!

Posted: 5/22/2012 6:20:07 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

One question:

When pasting from word into the editor, sometimes what is pasted looks like its been pasted (LOl) - the background of text I am writing gere will probably be light blue, but (if this works)

What I paste from MS Word will look like its been pasted – will have a white background.

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

Damn! Didnt work that time! LOL

but look at any of my recent long-winded postings and they look like I have typed onto white tape and stuck this on the screen!

first and 2nd postings here demonstrate .. not a big problem, but I would quite like to know what I am doing wrong!

Fred.

Posted: 5/22/2012 3:18:23 PM
dewster

Fred, have you tried the "Remove Formatting" eraser at the bottom of the "Post Reply" edit window? 

Another trick is to paste into notepad or similar, then copy and paste into the edit window.

Jason, I'd like a way to embed video content so that it is visible as a player and not just as a link.

Posted: 5/22/2012 5:23:24 PM
Jason

Awesome feedback and suggestions folks.  I will be super busy for the next couple of weeks but I will put these things on the backlog at top priority because it's coming from you who use the site most.  I have a long list of pet features, but I will always prioritize your feedback above my list :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.