Another Jaycar Mod

Posted: 3/11/2012 8:35:42 PM
Thierry

Instead of glueing the Jaycar paper inside, you could have taken this one:

I'd be happy to fill one of these out and send it to you if you want...

Posted: 3/12/2012 1:51:05 AM
ggj1977

I'll be proud to paste it inside too!! Beside Jaycar's!! Your help is priceless!!! Thank you again! 

Posted: 3/13/2012 7:35:59 PM
ggj1977

Chosing knobs... Once parts are on their way, I'm chosing de front pannel knobs and here is a preview:
First is the cheapest option (wich I guess it's going to be temporary, I already own them)

Here is the probable definitive option (since all details are chromed, I think this one fits better to the project, but they are not easily found where I live so... more waiting)

Posted: 3/20/2012 4:03:57 PM
ggj1977

Hi, everybody! 

Finaly the components I've ordered have arrived!

Studying Thierry´s mods, I've made a design to the waveform/simetry board (made it this way only because I have all the material at home, freehand drawed with a cd pen and etched with a ferric chloride solution)...

Here follows pictures of my printable version of thierry's and the pre-soldered waveform/simetry board:

Next steps are:

-Install speaker potective grid...

-Find a way of turning antennas's tips so they fit in p10 jacks (http://media.digikey.com/photos/Switchcraft%20Photos/13A.JPG) and install it. This way they can be quickly plugged.

-Search for a nut for the mic stand I use with my other theremin and place it on the botton.

-Wiring and soldering everything applying all the modifications

Posted: 3/21/2012 1:09:40 AM
SewerPipe

SewerPipe is watching you ---------, so please keep up the posting. Can't wait for a sound sample. :~)

In His Service --- Dana

Posted: 3/21/2012 2:38:17 AM
ggj1977

Tonight I took my free time to start wiring and soldering:

-Power button is installed.

-Power LED is installed.

-Audio out jack is installed.

-DC in jack  is installed.

-Original pot (Speaker Vol.) is installed, Mods 1, 2 & 3 (Pitch Tuning, Vol. Tuning and Output Vol.) are  installed too... And working perfectly!! (Thanks to Thierry!).

Since Mod 4 (Waveform & Symetry pots) is going to be installed tomorrow night and I'm just gonna have time to work on it again next monday, I'm intending to post first sound samples before  the other weekend... If everything runs as planed!!! ;) (Thank you for keep watching SewerPipe!).

By now, just need some rest (close my eyes and all I see is wires!)...

Posted: 3/21/2012 11:43:02 PM
ggj1977

Finally all four Thierry's mods are applied!! Very cool!! But... I thought symetry and waveform pots would have more effect on jaycar's voice... Or maybe I've just imagined it somehow different... Anyway, I'll test them with an old "Korg Pandora PX1T" I have here, trying to get more from these two new features! 

Beginning tests... Results soon!! 

Posted: 3/22/2012 8:50:37 AM
Thierry

Concerning the waveform and symmetry settings: Please check if with the pots you are able to vary the voltage at point G from about 0.9 to 1.8V and at point H from about 1.1 to 7V. These values are not critical and may vary by about 10%.

The effects will be most noticeable when you start with a relatively undistorted signal by turning the voice potentiometer in the sinus direction.

Posted: 4/1/2012 2:56:12 AM
SewerPipe

To ggi1977:

How's the build going??

In His Service --- Dana

Posted: 4/4/2012 10:12:12 PM
ggj1977

Sorry about the delay!!! This week's been very busy at work (and looks that next week isn't going to be different)... Theremin building is paused... But not for too long... Last weekend I've tryed to find a turner (I don't know the right name for this kind of worker... But I mean the guy who turns metal so that the antenna tips looks like p10 plugs as I've mentioned before)... Anyway, thanks for asking, SewerPipe... Soon I'll post the news!!!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.