My Theremin Tribute to Robert B. Sherman

Posted: 3/7/2012 1:13:58 AM
Eban

I've been a huge fan of The Sherman Brothers for decades.  For those unfamiliar, they are the songwriters responsible for so many of the great songs from the classic Disney era and more: Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Jungle Book and so much more.

I found out last night around midnight of the passing of Robert Sherman and I've been thinking about him all day - huge influence on my own writing and world perspective.

So, I recorded this:

http://youtu.be/f3ZyiQ74ACE

Posted: 3/7/2012 4:11:16 AM
Jason

Thank you so much for sharing this!  I heard about Robert's passing tonight on NPR on my way home, and I've been humming these songs ever since.  When I read your post tonight, I played your video for my kids, and they thoroughly enjoyed it.  This is a beautiful rendition!

Posted: 3/8/2012 11:46:09 AM
coalport

I watched your video of FEED THE BIRDS yesterday and since then I haven't been able to get the tune out of my head! It just keeps playing.....and playing......I was sorry to hear about the death of Robert although I have never been a big fan of the Shermans. They were to songwriting what McDonald's is to cuisine. But, hey, who hasn't enjoyed a Big Mac at some time or other and kids love 'em.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.