Happy 1st Anniversary to me! :)

Posted: 3/30/2012 2:01:34 PM
Amethyste

After a 4 month battle of pretty bad carpal tunnel syndrome, on april 1st 2011, my doctor finally gave me the green light to start studying the theremin. I just cannot believe how much I have learned, How much I have practiced and how much my animals have shown patience!

This morning I watched one of my first videos and I cannot believe how much different I play now. I am really proud of myself for sticking with something and really buckled down to learn this instrument, which gives me so much joy! I cannot wait for another year journey and see where it will take me!

so, thank you everyone for being a part of my travels... without this forum and many friends I have made along the way, I wouldn't be here a year later talking about it :)

so, THANK YOU!

Posted: 3/30/2012 3:49:53 PM
SewerPipe

Amey:

If you think you have improved in the "first" year, wait till this "Second" year goes by. You will most likely find your improvement many more times improved.

Asking for you a Blessed second year.

In His Service --- Dana

Posted: 3/30/2012 4:10:38 PM
Amethyste

@ SewerPipe ~ you are such a kind person. You have emailed me several times about various things, and I've always admired how kindly you put your vision into your words. I am very happy that I have met you and I believe as time goes on, we will become great friends. I wish you a blessed year as well, let's make our theremin journey a wonderful one :)

Have a lovely day :)

Posted: 3/30/2012 8:29:11 PM
Jason

We're so happy you found our community!  Keep up the great work, and keep inspiring us all to be better thereminists! 

Here's to many more years!

Cheers! (clink)

Posted: 3/30/2012 8:49:21 PM
Amethyste

Thank you Jason!

I never really thought that * I * would inspire people to be better thereminist! *blush* But thank you for the kind words! :)

Posted: 3/31/2012 2:12:05 AM
Jeff S

Congratulations! We knew you had it in you from the start.  And, like SP said, it ain't over yet.  Some of us are just glad you allowed us along for the ride.

The most important thing is that you're satisfied with what you've accomplished and are still enjoying yourself.  After all, it doesn't seem like work when you're enjoying what you're doing, right?

Posted: 3/31/2012 2:47:17 AM
SewerPipe

People;

Amey is just to modest!---- If you haven't done so yet, go over to SoundCloud.com and look up "Amethyste". When her Theremin playing/expressing reaches the achievement level of her Voice, "LOOK OUT" we will all be whimpering like a litter of newly born puppies. I for one! But, until then, (next year?) we need to get off our bottoms and work extra hard to do what we can to Support/Encourage her. For those of us that can't be an "Athlete", let us be an "Athletic Supporter".

You’re a breath of fresh air to all Theremin players.

In His Service -- Dana

Posted: 3/31/2012 3:49:35 AM
Amethyste

*GASP!* Thank you Dana! I am speechless here... <3

You all are so kind.... *tears in my eyes*

Posted: 3/31/2012 3:59:26 AM
Thomas Grillo

Indeed. Here, here!, and here's to another great year on the theremin, Amey! :)

You've made a lot of progress, and worked hard. But, the electronic journey is just starting for you. They're right. Just wait another year, and you'll indeed be amazed.

Keep up the great works! :)

Posted: 3/31/2012 10:47:07 AM
coalport

Well, Amey, as the late Clara Rockmore once said about beginning the theremin: "First, have music in your soul. If you have that, you will find a way to do it."

You have music in your soul, and you have found a way to do it. Congratulations! We are all looking forward to your NEXT year, and many more to come.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.