Is anyine making a RCA Theremin?

Posted: 4/26/2012 6:23:11 AM
mymark1

I unbderstand some tubes are rare,  Is any one making chassies for the original RCA units?  Can I find a forum where peoploe are emaking original thremins?  I would enjoy hanging out and reading and learning.

Thanks

Jack in Portland Orggon

Posted: 4/26/2012 3:29:43 PM
RS Theremin

Visit here: Build The RCA

Also get Firefox web browser with it's built in spell checker, it will give you better forum credibility.

Where do you want to go with this theremin build?

Are you after the look of the RCA, big coils and all or the authentic tube sound if it could be done with modern parts and coils?

Always get a sound sample from the webpage you build and design from, the author of that page will be giving you the best they could achieve. If no sound is available the author failed so it might be wise to avoid their advise.

The great Thereminist create their own individual voice by their influence on the sound with personal control and add-on electronics.

Posted: 4/26/2012 4:31:48 PM
Amethyste

Whut iz wrong wid mah spellun'?

Posted: 4/26/2012 6:49:19 PM
mollydad

Yew jist caint pliezze sum peepple....

Posted: 4/26/2012 8:06:04 PM
Thierry

Ey, peace, people!

Strangers and dyslexics are also human beings...

Not everybody had the occasion to learn the "lingua franca" of the internet.

Posted: 4/26/2012 11:20:09 PM
DiggyDog

I don't normally do this but since you brought up spelling...it's "advice" not "advise".  

"Advice" is a verb meaning "to give advice".

Posted: 4/26/2012 11:22:34 PM
DiggyDog

And the plural of "thereminist" is " thereminists" .

Just sayin'.

Posted: 4/27/2012 8:56:45 AM
mymark1

>Visit here: Build The RCA

>Also get Firefox web browser with it's built in spell checker, it will give you >better forum credibility.

Thank you.  I just switched email software.  Trying to figure it all out.

>Where do you want to go with this theremin build?

>I am building a Kepp Mark 1, but I would enjoy building a original RCA version.

>Are you after the look of the RCA, big coils and all or the authentic tube sound if >it could be done with modern parts and coils?

>I have that now.  I want to go back in time and see what the RCA sounded like

>Always get a sound sample from the webpage you build and design from, the >author of that page will be giving you the best they could achieve. If no sound is >available the author failed so it might be wise to avoid their advise.

OK.  Thank you

>The great Thereminist create their own individual voice by their influence on the >sound with personal control and add-on electronics.

Sounds like fun.  I will look into it and find the Firefox spelling add on.

Thank for the help.

jack

Posted: 4/27/2012 8:57:52 AM
mymark1

>Whut iz wrong wid mah spellun'?

Sorry.  New software.  Finding spelling software now.

jack

Posted: 4/27/2012 1:39:10 PM
Amethyste

Oh Thierry, you need to loosen your necktie a little bit... When I was called a dumb blonde, I didn't see you jump to my rescue, and I am a human being... Anyways!

MyMark1, I was just playing around... No need to worry. English is my second language and we all do mistakes here and there... No problem :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.