FredM - This is Wierd

Posted: 5/24/2012 7:03:29 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"When Fred writes he is all over the place when he thinks which reminds me of my once youthful mind. Somewhere in the web he spins is the answer and the rest may be moths and flies.."

LOL!  Moths and flies ? Really! ;-) As for "youthful mind" - This, to me, is the greatest bummer about growing older - I had expected my mind to 'conform' to the aging process, but it doesnt! - Tis a real pain in the butt. I still want to go scuba diving and sky diving, want to embark on projects which will take decades to bear fruit.. All that getting old and being unhealthy does is to remind one that the "pie in the sky" is way too high - And that the pep-talks one heard about "you can do anything you set your mind to" were all bulls**t.

All my life I have been expecting to "grow up" and be "responsible" - But all I have (sometimes) managed to do is to pretend to be these things. Meatloaf got it right, Life is a lemon! ... Ok if one has enough sugar to turn it into lemonade!

As for you, Christopher - You are one to talk! LOL!

What you say about me "moths and flies" is, I feel, probably more applicable to you! I really admire your tenacity - but you really dont do anything to make yourself "believable" - I know you dont care (or at least thats how it comes across) and I admire your open minded exploration of obscure 'phenomena' in theremin research - But, to me, your rejection of formal methods is counter-productive.. To share ones discoveries, one often needs to talk in (more-or-less) the same language as those you are trying to talk to - but you seem almost deliberately to throw "red herrings" into your communication..

In many ways, I think you and I are probably a lot alike!

Fred.

Posted: 5/24/2012 12:43:19 PM
RS Theremin

Fred you said so much good stuff I am at a loss to pick something:

"But, to me, your rejection of formal methods is counter-productive."

Hopefully what I express is entertaining to the masses (lurkers) that view what all of us write about. At the end of the day no one cares, much less remembers.

That is why my delete button is active when I think the intended message may not get interpreted correctly or was too revealing.

When I was young I had so many ideas and now I am older it seems I am in a tunnel just stumbling over what is in front of me. No bright light at the end of this tunnel, as the light is soft, everywhere, all around me.

Oh oh..."red herring"   (-'

Posted: 5/24/2012 3:31:15 PM
SewerPipe

As I pause by the well ,and take a drink of the cool cool water.

I think back on the Day.--- and wonder.

Did I Hurt anyone today, did I step on their dreams.

Or did I Help someone. Did I encourage someone.

Has my heart grown so Cold --- that I don't care.

Yes I have dreams and passions to strive for.

But I'd rather have a Warm Heart and gentle Spirit,

Than to porously bring hurt to those around me.

Say what you will about these words, if mocking or

condemning is your dream, I will not stand in your way.

I would prefer to enjoy that Cool Cool drink.

In His Service --- Dana

Posted: 5/24/2012 4:28:57 PM
RS Theremin

It was 5 am when I wrote this:

"When I was young I had so many ideas and now I am older it seems I am in a tunnel just stumbling over what is in front of me. No bright light at the end of this tunnel, as the light is soft, everywhere, all around me."

I grant permission for anyone to use these now public words in a song! (-'

The bright light at the end of the tunnel refers to the earths Angel of Light and the soft light around me is protection as I am living in the presence of my Father. My dad is a great person.

I might have to delete this one! Oh My  LOL

Posted: 5/24/2012 5:47:30 PM
SewerPipe

(RS)"The bright light at the end of the tunnel refers to the earths Angel of Light and the soft light around me is protection as I am living in the presence of my Father. My dad is a great person.

I might have to delete this one! Oh My  LOL"

Why delete, this may very well be the most important statement in this thread!!

IHS --- Dana

Posted: 5/24/2012 11:37:43 PM
coalport

Two crazy people were talking in the common room of the insane asylum. One says to the other, "I am Jesus Christ!"

"No, you're not." came the reply from the other inmate.

"How do YOU know?" asks the first.

"Because you are not my son." said the second.

Posted: 5/24/2012 11:54:49 PM
SewerPipe

Which one were you there to visit with? :~) (I may know Him/Her)

IHS --- Dana

Posted: 5/25/2012 10:11:39 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Christopher -

>>"FredM as I look above me at this thread, you don't think it has gone Weird?"

Yes - A little too weird!

Seems I completely misunderstood where you were at with your :""When I was young I had so many ideas and now I am older it seems I am in a tunnel just stumbling over what is in front of me. No bright light at the end of this tunnel, as the light is soft, everywhere, all around me."

To me, it was literal, a rare exposure of truth - the sort of things which polite conventions prevent us from being open about most of the time.

I am glad for you that it had meaning I was not party to : "The bright light at the end of the tunnel refers to the earths Angel of Light and the soft light around me is protection as I am living in the presence of my Father. My dad is a great person."

I think those who are able to have "faith" are probably luckier than those like me for whome faith is an impossibility - there was a time I was mocking about what I deemed to be irrational belief.. But I now feel that anything which helps you get through is worth holding onto.. If you can believe it, and it gives you comfort, believe it!

For me, the "truth" about our existance based on what I am capable of percieving and reasoning, is quite difficult to deal with - my only "get out" is the awareness that I cannot actually "know" anything with certainty - that everything I "know" could be wrong, and therefore (almost) anything is "possible" (regardless of how unlikely it seems).

I am going to delete my previous postings on this matter - sorry, the thread will look like swiss cheese as a result.

I am also not going to let myself get involved in any continuation of this discussion - I have nothing positive to share, I have only doubts and questions - and the things which I think are rational and most likely, are not particularly comforting or helpful.

Fred.

Posted: 5/25/2012 11:07:05 AM
Amethyste

:( ... But I enjoyed this thread so much :)!

Posted: 5/25/2012 12:34:40 PM
dewster

"I think those who are able to have "faith" are probably luckier than those like me for whome faith is an impossibility - there was a time I was mocking about what I deemed to be irrational belief.. But I now feel that anything which helps you get through is worth holding onto.. If you can believe it, and it gives you comfort, believe it!"

Not to knock you or anyone here, but the care and maintenance of a firm belief in something for which there is no proof imposes its own psychic load that can be quite burdensome, particularly when trying to make sense of life's often cruel randomness or essential pointlessness.  To exist without faith is to stare these things in the face every day - something of a Morton's fork I suppose, but what can you do?  One may just as well make the best use of one's time and have any meaning grow from that.

Speaking of using one's time well, I need to figure out how to implement linearization & tone spacing adjustments on my digital Theremin prototype...

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.