Wanted: Theremin in UK

Posted: 10/21/2012 7:47:04 AM
ChrisC

Cheap at present so..........................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170923502563?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Posted: 10/21/2012 11:19:32 AM
b3pete

Thanks, Chris! Yes that EW's looking cheap at the mo, but in the mean time I've had a slight change of plan!

Having originally intended to avoid kits, I've bought a Jaycar MkII kit which I'll be putting together over the next few weeks (I'm quite busy with work at the mo).

My reason for changing my mind was mainly because I can't get too excited about the basic sound of the Etherwave, and although I think I'd prefer the Burns sound, I heard a demo of the Jaycar kit and somehow prefer it (I must have cheap taste!). I've also had a couple of rather large bills to settle for my van, which have left my wallet/bank account mere shadows of their former selves. :-)

Given the cheapness of the kit, (I paid about £37 including shipping to UK) and the fact I can indulge my MDF/plywood cabinet-making habit, and the fact that I'm in no particular rush, I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm going to build the kit as the plans, and once it's working (which may be later rather than sooner) I'll transplant it into the MDF/plywood box which is nearly finished already. I've also fashioned a volume loop antenna from 8mm gas fire pipe (reinforced by a 6mm threaded rod core), which will hopefully improve the cosmetics if nothing else!

Anyway, I've read loads of stuff on this forum about the Jaycar kit and the modifications recommended, so once I've got the basic kit together, I'll do the mods/transplant and with any luck I'll be up and running soon.

Thanks to all for their help so far.

Pete

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.