Theremin Lip-Sync Scandal

Posted: 9/19/2012 8:47:39 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"I always said that Popularity is not an indicator of Quality. but of course, that statement alone is debatable..." - Amey

LOL ;-) - Everything is debatable, if one has loads of time to throw away.. just the words "popularity" and "quality" are debatable.

I am (or would be, if I didnt know I couldnt help myself ;-) a little angry with myself for ever bothering to make any comments at you-tube.. Its not like theres really any point - particularly if one comments negetively about someone worshiped by morons.. Its not like anyone is going to change their opinion about what a theremin can do because I say "its probably not even plugged in!" - LOL

Yeah - when it comes to you-tube, unless there are overpowering influences in my matrix, I will from now on follow the maxim "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all".

Fred.

Posted: 9/19/2012 9:07:39 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Coalport said : Here is a wonderful description of YouTube comments, published in the MANCHESTER GUARDIAN in 2009:

"Juvenile, aggressive, misspelled, sexist, homophobic, swinging from raging at the contents of a video to providing a pointlessly detailed description followed by a LOL, YouTube comments are a hotbed of infantile debate and unashamed ignorance – with the occasional burst of wit shining through."

Which is exactly why I fear the idea of you-tube comments spilling over and infultrating other sites .. Lets keep the you-tube shit at you tube, thank you !

But at this time, I still have no idea about what Niel was saying, or whether this actually has any connection to you-tube..

Fred.

Posted: 9/21/2012 10:47:23 PM
Neal1929

Neal... :( What are you trying to say?

The "dammit fred" was more of a compliment... not presented as one.. It was a "yes your right fred" or more a "you took the thoughts straight outta me cortex"... Sorry.  All of your posts just crack me up Fred. I love'em. 

Your hilarious and I pretty much agree entirely with just about everything I've read from you.

So....

"I'm a liar who doesnt care about other people"...

Meaning that I am currently lying about not caring about other people since I'm a liar.... It was a joke.... albeit a poorly delivered one. 

Humor does not translate so well in a forum I suppose. 

No You Tube connection. Just being silly. I'm not trying to spill it over to here. This is the lip sync scandal area, so I just posted a link to see what people thought. I have no problem keeping you tube comments on You tube. 

Sorry for the mix up. I'll explain confusing statements with a disclaimer next time.

Posted: 9/21/2012 11:16:16 PM
coalport

Hey, that's what "LOL" was invented for! So readers would know when you were joking and when you were serious.

In the absence of facial expression, inflection, etc., it is sometimes very hard to read someone's intentions.

Cuzzin Fweddy is also hyper-sensitive. That's one of his most endearing qualities. LOL

Posted: 9/21/2012 11:38:32 PM
Neal1929

Yeah Im pretty new to the inter speak and forum web. I'll try to weave a more appropriate picture next time. ;) and get my emoticon on. 

Posted: 9/22/2012 12:09:15 AM
FredM

ok Neal..

Real glad it wasnt anything dark..

I have this situation where everything I say ar do (at home) seems to be so incredibly twisted that, at times, I wonder if its actually me whos mad - Fortunately, it is only one person who (probably deliberately) gets me to doubt my sanity at times .. but those words:

"I'm a liar who doesnt care about other people"...

well - you could hardly have found a better line to push my "red alert" button and get me to wonder if perhaps the ferengi I live with wasnt just a cruel sick parasite, but that I might unknowingly be giving her justifiable reasons for "misunderstandings".

As for humour - that, my children,and music, are the thin threads which keep me dangling above the abyss.. So I do appreciate (or at least understand reasons for) your attemps at humour, LOL ;-)

Fred.

"Hey, that's what "LOL" was invented for!" - Coalport

Yeah, it certainly helps! If there had been a LOL I would still have been puzzled and a bit disturbed by that posting - And had I not just posted a comment on you tube where I used the word "liar" (a word I rarely use anywhere - in fact, this was probably the first time I have ever done so on-line) - then I just might have seen the 'joke'.

But this whole episode did get me thinking - about on-line exchanges and autism.. I have a couple of autistic friends who have landed themselves in on sorts of shit on-line - One of these friends is not severely autistic (you wouldnt know he was autistic if you hadnt expierienced the disorder - at times he just comes over as a bit thoughtless or 'dim') but is drawn chatrooms and forums and gets terribly upset by how his online "friends" sometimes treat him... Shows how dim I can be that, until this episode, I never made the connection --- (some / most) Autistics have a real problem in communication - even when all the cues are available, they cannot determine the emotional states of others accurately.. There could probably hardly be a worse arena for some autistics than the www - No visual cues, no intonations, abreviations which are ambiguous, and trolls roving about picking stupid fights.

Not sure though whether the lack of these "cues" disadvantages "normals" or autistics more.. But from what I have seen, they are more effected by what happens on-line than "normals" are.

Posted: 9/22/2012 12:17:35 AM
RS Theremin

Hi Y'all,

Fred don't worry about it, if you are perceived as Mad! You are at home here.

Neal said: "Yeah the closest I have come to a theremin enthusiast in the Redwoods is one Little Bear in Eureka Ca. He makes some really weird Theremins.."

How can I find out more about this person Neal, for some reason I have a fascination with the eccentric.

We are all in the same time zone, must mean something?

Christopher

Posted: 9/22/2012 12:53:14 AM
FredM

Hi Chris,

"Fred don't worry about it, if you are perceived as Mad! You are at home here"

I dont really think that I am "perceived as Mad" (at home) - I think this is just a cynical tactic employed by someone who is seriously "disordered". I have many times when accused of being mad or being a liar, or - worst - being accused of criminal abuse - offered to go for psychiatric assessment, offered to undergo a polygraph or whatever - but I have stated that if I do such things and come out "clear" she must agree to undergo those tests.

Yeah. the "conversation" ends there!

Fred.

Posted: 9/22/2012 4:09:24 AM
Neal1929

I have found electro shock therapy to be a very reliable cure. The only problem is when I have to replace the batteries in the damn taser. It usually takes too long and the therapeutic results seem to wear off during the replacement process. They now have a more long distance treatment method so when they attempt to relieve themselves from treatment you can apply the cure from afar. I have found this to be very useful. Now I can replace the batteries without worrying about whether or not I can treat them again. Just point and click.  

Posted: 9/22/2012 4:18:06 AM
FredM

It would take more than a taser to put this one right.. I dont think I could get a big enough Tesla coil into the house...

time for a pedantic logical correction..

>> "I'm a liar who doesnt care about other people"...

>>Meaning that I am currently lying about not caring about other people since I'm a liar....

Errmmm.. Either way, your statements make you a liar.. You are either telling the truth (liars dont always tell lies - they take a break occassionally.. ;-) in stating that you are a liar, OR - You think you are lying when you lie about lying, in which case you are a liar anyway......... The "who doesnt care about other people" is a seperate "variable" unrelated to the result of the former - You might be telling the truth on this, or you might be telling a lie. .. A bit like if a book says "everything in this book is true" - If you find one thing which isnt true, then the statement "everything in this book is true" is untrue - but that doesnt mean that everything in the book is untrue.

This is a beautiful thing about the only 'mathematics' I fully mastered - Boolean algebra.. It gives one the tools to evaluate seeming paradoxes simply.. Most can be written and evaluated faster than the confusing thought processes one engages in to solve these kind of puzzle.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.