Wanted - Theremin line on short film

Posted: 7/11/2012 8:57:26 AM
w0ttm

"The Woo Woos" appeals to me as the name for a traveling group of Thereminists. gtc

LOL

That's a good one.

I wish I'd thought of it...

Posted: 7/27/2012 10:22:31 AM
leiski

Hi everyone. Thanks for you patience. I'm pleased to say the film is now available for viewing online, here:

http://sn.im/24ghrpx

A word of warning - the film contains adult humour (although it's paradoxically juvenile at the same time!). So if you're easily shocked or planning to watch it with the kids - DON'T!!!!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for their interest and particularly Gordon and Robert for their performances which both feature in the film. Everyone involved at PorkChop Pictures feels the Theremin has greatly enhanced the mood and was well worth the effort.

Happy viewing!

Leigh

Posted: 7/27/2012 11:07:37 AM
AdamBHarris

Well done guys. I would have preferred more frequent and louder woo woos but that would have been probably a little over the top. Regardless of the case for theremin inclusion in serious music I think there will always be a place for it in this sort of project.

Posted: 7/27/2012 3:11:21 PM
GordonC

Yup, it's kind of cool to come in at the end of a project and just add a few sprinkles to the cake.

"Now it's perfect." ;-)

Posted: 7/27/2012 4:50:04 PM
Amethyste

Crack sprinkles? yes :)

Posted: 7/27/2012 8:43:40 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"Now it's perfect." ;-) - GordonC

I was kind of expecting more raucus sounds from the theremins, as you were contributing Gordon - LOL - surprised me how subdued the woo-woos were (and no loops, ring mods etc)-:

Oh well, perhaps next time..

"Everyone involved at PorkChop Pictures feels the Theremin has greatly enhanced the mood and was well worth the effort." - Leiski

IMO, the theremin certainly did add an essential ingredient, and presumably the 'lightness' of the theremin influence was artistically intentional - I personally think that the mood was 'tilted' slightly too far towards sillyness, and could have done with a slightly 'darker' undertone which 'darker' theremin music / sounds could have contributed.

Fred.

Posted: 7/28/2012 2:58:25 PM
GordonC

Nope, they wanted a specific trope, and as a minor functionary coming in at the end of a process with a very tight deadline I didn't think trying to impose my vision would be very helpful...

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.