Coalport ~ Talking Machine .. .. ..

Posted: 7/13/2012 8:45:32 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"I do have a soundcard... I am just too lazy to set everything up, record, edit, sync etc... I do that for all my vocals and it is really time consuming lol. and time is something I dont have much of, unfortunately."

Amey - You are an artist (a potentially great artist IMO) - If you were a painter, and produced masterpieces, and never bothered to put the final protective coating on, and stored your work in a damp room... Or even if you mistreated your rough sketches, it would be sad.

IMO, what you are doing to your wonderful 'sketches' is sad. If it comes to a choice between recording the sound well, or producing a video with crappy sound - IMO, go for the sound! Plugging in a USB "soundcard" and just recording the sound cant be that much hassle - can it? .. Getting camera and USB audio synced may be more hassle.

Oh hell - I am being a bit selfish perhaps - I would really love to hear what you played without my teeth hurting!  ;-)

Fred.

Posted: 7/13/2012 9:43:05 PM
Amethyste

Ok Fred... I'll try to produce something worthy this weekend ... Just for you ;) and hopefully, your teeth will not be hurting !

Posted: 7/13/2012 11:13:25 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Aww.. I feel a bit bad now..

I must confess to something - You look so much like my eldest daughter, particularly in that last video..

I think I switched into "daddy" mode - you know, well meaning advice (which is often interpreted as critical or meddlesome) and wanting her to achieve what she is capable of... And there's that absurd 'disconnect' between emotional perception and reality - She is a capable young woman in her  30's, and I appreciate and accept that fact - But sometimes I cant help reverting to behaving like she is my little girl..

LOL - I only understand my parents now that I have adult 'children'.

Fred.

Posted: 7/14/2012 3:27:43 AM
Jeff S

Don't feel bad Fred.  I've been trying to convince her to improve her audio for months without success.  At least you got her to commit just a little.

Posted: 7/14/2012 3:41:55 AM
Amethyste

One day... oh one day, I'll surprise you all, then your teeth will really hurt cause, thats what will happen when your jaw will hit the floor. ;)

Posted: 7/14/2012 4:50:20 AM
w0ttm

@ Amey. My jaw already hit the floor when I listened to your work on SoundCloud.

O Holy Night almost brought my wife to tears.

Outstanding.

@ Fred. I own a few Behringer bits as well.

They are to this era what Peavy was to the 80's and Kustom was to the 60's.

Functional and affordable.

Nuf said...Rob.

Posted: 7/14/2012 4:59:23 AM
w0ttm

P.S. Ref- adult children.

Two words.

Grand kids.

They are waaaaaaaaay more fun than a cat, and they usually smell better.

I saw a tee shirt a while back that read:

Grampa's job...

1. Fill kids with sugar.

2. Send them home.

Posted: 7/14/2012 5:02:37 AM
Amethyste

Haha!!! Fill them with sugar and send them home. THat is so true and funny!!

And thank you for the nice words on my music and voice. I replied to your email on Soundcloud. I am pleased to meet you, w0ttm! :)

Posted: 7/14/2012 5:05:21 AM
Amethyste

And Fred, no appologies necessary. A father figure is welcome here since I lost mine eons ago. THank you friends for pushing me to get better recordings. I guess the gang effec thas won haha. :)

Posted: 7/14/2012 9:54:46 AM
FredM

P.S. Ref- adult children.

Two words.

Grand kids.

LOL - Yes! I have two of those.. "Fill kids with sugar" - You must be joking! Give either of those boys sugar and a) I would not be able to deal with their exccessive expenditure of energy and b) My daughters would probably put me in the dog box (quite rightly, IMO!) for a month.

Fred.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.