Heavy electronic test gear available

Posted: 9/2/2012 2:46:34 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

I have a lot of heavy / bulky electronic equipment (and musical equipment) which I will need to get rid of.. There is no urgency at this time  - but I felt I should inform people ASAP so that anyone in the UK looking for such equipment knows about it.

This kit would suit serious theremin developers, but is more advanced than most hobbyists would ever need -

I am particularly looking at disposing of my two Hewlet Packard 335A synthesising function generators (these are signal generators covering from a few hz to Mhz, can be swept over any range linearly or log, and have resolution better than 1Hz - with these one can test theremin mixers, PLLs etc - one can work on theremin mixers and ausio circuits without the difficulty of having capacitive sensitive oscillators).. These cost me £250 each some years ago - they are > 10 years old and cost thousands of £ new..

Also "up for grabs" is a large Gould DSO 4048 4 channel 800Ms/s Digital oscilloscope - this is a real lab scope with everything one could need particularly for digital work - complex triggering programs can be entered, multiple cursors available for each trace (voltages, period, frequency etc) two "timebases" etc.. Also has a in-built plotter which I have removed but will re-fit if wanted. This 'scope cost me £600 a few years ago, is about 10 years old and cost thousands of £ new..

Old HP 333A analogue distortion analyser - cost me £150 each some years ago  > 10 years old

The above are bulky and extremely heavy - collection only (I am in Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK .. Near Winchester

- I am hoping to recover about half of what I paid for this equipment, or perhaps exchange for (probably greatly inferior) equipment which is lighter and particularly smaller.

No hurry - I will probably put this stuff on Ebay in about 3 to 6 months.

I also have LOADS of old analogue and digital synthesisers and keyboards - for example Juno 60, and a rare Roland Analogue poly based on the Alpha series, loads of stuff requiring minor repairs - Siel Cruise, Farfisa Synthorchestra, String Synths and old EP's, Access Virus B Rack etc..

If you are interested, send me an email and I will keep you informed as I work through my stuff and service them before I sell them.

Fred    at    fundes   dot    co    dot    uk

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.