Photo Albums feature added

Posted: 9/12/2012 12:14:29 AM
Jason

Thanks ;)  

Can you point me to an example offending comment with link?

Posted: 9/12/2012 12:40:27 AM
RS Theremin

I don't know of any offending comments, I am just afraid one day I might make one. LOL

I did say shit on the floor the other day and deleted it. (-'

Christopher

Posted: 9/13/2012 3:34:38 AM
SewerPipe

Jason; I tried to post a reply on my photo page ----- Only two words were actually posted. I wrote about eight lines.  ????

IHS ----- Dana (SewerPipe)

Here is the text:

Thanks RS & w0ttn. Jason---The two halves do work together, The knobs allow me a multitude of control with voice, volume expression, and "other" stuff. The player can stand/sit wherever he/she is most comfortable, extremely adaptable. Volume antenna was bent with same fixture as SewerPipe one. Plywood is in Wife’s craft room, not finished yet. (got side-tracked building the Enigma) I have a ton of pictures and may post a few more. I also am building a special "transport" case for the Enigma, when finished I will post more pictures. I also have a 2 1/2" stack of e-mails that it took to get this far with the build, and I’m not finished yet. A BIG THANKS to Christopher.

Posted: 9/13/2012 4:34:46 AM
Jason

Yikes. I will take a look to see why that might be happening.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks for the feedback!

Posted: 9/13/2012 5:03:41 AM
RS Theremin

Hello Jason,

My guess is the character "&" truncated the rest of the paragraph?

Posted: 9/13/2012 5:06:19 AM
Jason

Most likely.  I think I must be failing to encode the comment text properly. That might actually be the source of several comment failures that have been reported since I added the feature.  

One of these days I'll learn to test this stuff before I deploy it :)  

Posted: 9/13/2012 5:12:27 AM
SewerPipe

Yup, the "&" sign is what up-set it. Now all is "warm & fuzzy"

IHS---- Dana

Posted: 9/13/2012 6:18:43 AM
Jason

Thanks again for pointing this out. I just pushed up an update to the site to fix this bug.

Posted: 9/13/2012 9:05:27 PM
RS Theremin

Your outstanding Jason!

Topic is Comments below photos:

Viewing the webpage in F11 full screen, it might be nice to have the comment count on the right side below the Album title. This way you know if there is a comment to go down and view.

The active Link shorten-er in the comment window works perfect.

The first comment remaining at the top of the list under that photo is an excellent feature. This way the author can give photo details.

If a poster could delete his own comment under his photo would be nice, now you must delete the photo and ruin the photo sequence.

Titles under photos box may not like comma's, I forgot to check again.

When clicking your own photo title, sometimes it erased it completely instead of opening for editing, that could be caused by extra clicking.

Under Edit it would be better if Photo delete was not above Album delete rather to the left of the word Album. It is in a scary spot for the absent minded.

I deleted my last photo which was a test photo and now the second to last photo existing before the delete became the photo displayed in the main Album gallery. I wanted the first photo entered in the series to remain as the gallery album photo. Is there a way we as users can indicated which photo of choice is displayed in the gallery.  Darn that is long winded, hope it makes sense.

Keep up with the fine work and to think we all get to be part of it for generations to come.

So much to do so little time. Maybe next work on a theremin Obituary webpage, I and others are getting older?  LOL

Christopher

Posted: 9/13/2012 9:58:27 PM
Jason

Awesome feedback Christopher - thanks!!  I'll go through all this tonight and will make some tweaks to the layout based on your suggestions.  I really appreciate the time you spent to put this together!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.