Photo Albums feature added

Posted: 9/14/2012 5:46:52 AM
RS Theremin

I attempted to put a link in a comment again and it broke down. It displays different than when it works correctly.

Go here

Good Job, these are your hours to explore.

Also a random picture with no logic is my Album cover photo. Can you change it back to photo thumbnail from this image img_0001.gif which is now last on list of an angel? I deleted it and re-added to see if it helped.

Posted: 9/14/2012 1:38:50 PM
Jason

I think what happened with your link was that it had spaces in it, and my algorithm for figuring out if a bit of text is a link got tricked by that. Looks like I need to think about it a bit more.

Posted: 9/14/2012 2:31:21 PM
RS Theremin

"I think what happened with your link was that it had spaces in it"

You are correct Jason, back in the old days (DOS) I never would have put spaces in a file name.

I hope I am not pointing out to much. I know from experience a webpage has huge amounts of detail and neutral observer input can be invaluable.

I am still wondering how the album gallery seems to choose randomly which cover photo thumbnail is used? On the first time photo upload it seems to use the first photo, after that it has a "mind" of its own.

Many thanks for your dedication,

Christopher

Posted: 9/14/2012 3:53:30 PM
Jason

Lol, yes... Lots of detail.  I tend to rough out new features and then refine as I learn what's important to folks.  Unfortunately this sometimes leaves .ebsith a huge backlog of features and bugs to fix that doesn't always fit into the time I have.

Album thumbnails are somewhat random at the moment.  Would you want to be able to specify which photo to use?

Posted: 9/14/2012 4:36:17 PM
RS Theremin

Album thumbnails are somewhat random at the moment.  Would you want to be able to specify which photo to use?

Absolutely!

Posted: 9/14/2012 4:42:27 PM
Jason

Cool. I think that shouldn't be too difficult to implement.  I plan to burn some serious midnight oil this weekend to knock out a bunch of bug fixes and styling tweaks.  I'm sure I can work this in soon :)

I didn't finish typing in the last message (was replying via my phone), but don't worry about giving feedback - I love it all.  While I can't always get to the suggestions quickly, I'll definitely do my best.  I appreciate the feedback very much because it's usually stuff I didn't think of or wasn't aware of, and it really helps me see what's most important to our site visitors.

So keep it coming!

Posted: 9/19/2012 2:27:23 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Hi Jason,

just wondering if it might be possible to add a you-tube widget to the editor? .. There are a lot of links to you-tube being posted, and I think the ability to insert a link and have a you-tube widget embedded in the posting would be great - especially if it was possible to restrict the size of the widget so it didnt screw up the other stuff..

I realise that the editor is a bit of a buggy nightmare as it stands at present - but just thought this was worth a mention if, at some future time, you need to get into its guts.

Fred.

Posted: 9/19/2012 2:50:35 AM
Amethyste

I totally agree with Fred. THat would be an awesome feature.

Posted: 9/19/2012 3:10:21 AM
Jason

Hmmm... Sure would be.  I will have to see what I can do to implement it.  If someone has already built a plugin to do it, it could be a matter of minutes.  Keep your fingers crossed :)

Posted: 9/19/2012 3:29:51 AM
dewster

"If someone has already built a plugin to do it, it could be a matter of minutes."

Not sure if it's relevant, but the Piano World forums have this and it's rather handy now and then.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.