Copy / Paste not working ?

Posted: 11/21/2012 9:39:04 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Hi Jason,

I am finding great difficulty pasting into the editor - It is particularly difficult to copy from a posting and paste that into the editor..

Ctrl C copies fine, can paste into notepad - but am unable to paste into the TW editor, either from the note pad or direct from the original Ctrl C.

No problems with any other windows app..

If this is just my PC, I need to know so I can investigate further - Is anyone else having thisb problem?

Fred.

Posted: 11/21/2012 10:11:06 AM
Thierry

Ctrl C copies fine, can paste into notepad - but am unable to paste into the TW editor, either from the note pad or direct from the original Ctrl C.

The above was copied with cmd-C and cmd-V on a Mac without going through an external text editor. Thus it works like a charm for me. Try putting some Vaseline onto your "V" key... ;-)

Posted: 11/21/2012 3:28:30 PM
Jason

Fred, sorry to hear this is not working for you.  What browser/version are you using?  I've just tried it with IE9 and IE10 and it seems to be working for me too. 

One trick - you might need to click in the upper-left region of the editor to get the edit caret first, then paste.  I've noticed this editor doesn't always go into "text entry mode" if you click just anywhere on the editing surface. 

Hope that helps. If it's still not working, I'll try installing your same browser/version to see what's up.

Posted: 11/21/2012 6:24:40 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"One trick - you might need to click in the upper-left region of the editor to get the edit caret first, then paste.  I've noticed this editor doesn't always go into "text entry mode" if you click just anywhere on the editing surface." - Jason 

How about that! Thanks Jason - I first clicked on the centre of the editing area, and couldnt paste - then where you said, and its fine!

What is most bizarre is that I never (or rarely) had a problem before - So I must have changed my subconscious actions without even being aware of doing so!

I would never have thought of doing what you suggested!

Fred.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.