THEREMIN REVIEW SERIES

Posted: 3/10/2023 11:09:13 PM
bisem

Priantz,

I've actually been subscribed to your channel for a while!  Yes...the LV-4 is a very capable theremin and if you would listen to a recording only it would sound as good as anything out there 5 times the price.   Also if you learned to play on it just think how easy it would be to play a Claravox once adjusted to the linear range.  The volume response is what impressed me which is actually as good as my Hobbs and Subscope.

I noticed that you angle your antenna away from your right hand.  I also found that to be helpful.  I don't know if it improves the lineraty much but it certainly lowers the anxiety of accidentally touching it when in higher ranges. The only thing I think they should have done is make the case about the same length as the Etherwave.

Posted: 3/10/2023 11:21:25 PM
Priantz

Priantz,I've actually been subscribed to your channel for a while!  Yes...the LV-4 is a very capable theremin and if you would listen to a recording only it would sound as good as anything out there 5 times the price.   Also if you learned to play on it just think how easy it would be to play a Claravox once adjusted to the linear range.  The volume response is what impressed me which is actually as good as my Hobbs and Subscope.I noticed that you angle your antenna away from your right hand.  I also found that to be helpful.  I don't know if it improves the lineraty much but it certainly lowers the anxiety of accidentally touching it when in higher ranges. The only thing I think they should have done is make the case about the same length as the Etherwave.

Yeah I just tried to set the antenna in that position and it's almost like having a little extra range, also I simply like how it looks in that way! 😁
Haven't had the chance to try a claravox yet..

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.