Elektra

Posted: 7/10/2013 11:40:44 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

I just listened to the song - had been holding back for fear of catching another ear worm..

Actually, the lyrics you pasted had more effect on me than the song did - but what struck me most about the song was the induction of nostalgia the music managed.. I wont listen to it again - It is prime ear-worm material IMO.. it somehow has 'components' that are extremely familiar, like I have heard that song many times before - One listening and I could play it or sing it note perfect on anything other than a theremin! LOL ;-)

To me, that song is prime ear-worm DNA..

Posted: 7/21/2013 12:58:56 PM
dewster

"I've had Weird Al's 'I love RockyRoad"  stuck in my head (with the occasional 'Another one rides the Bus' slipping into the rotation )  since hearing him on a NPR interview, like 2 weeks ago.    Disturbing?"  - Chobbs

I can't listen to Smells Like Teen Spirit without hearing gargling, kazoos, and goats bleating in my head.  And every time I use the word "soda" I'm literally forced to sing "S-O-D-A so-oda".

"...what struck me most about the song was the induction of nostalgia the music managed." - FredM

Her voice has that retro sound (fast quavery vibrato + quiet, casual, lilting delivery) which seems to be popular lately.

Posted: 7/21/2013 2:02:28 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"And every time I use the word "soda" I'm literally forced to sing "S-O-D-A so-oda"." - Dewster

LOL ;-) .. Not sure what song that is - and im not going to look for it.. ;-) - But just reading your "S-O-D-A so-oda" - the line "Day oh, day-ayayayaya-oh" popped into my head..followed by "daylight come and I wanna go home".. I hear it clearly except for the "daylight" - not sure if that "morning" or some other word.. Not going to look it up - "come mr tally man tally me banana" is the other line that jumps into me head - and the voice is African or perhaps Carabean..

I like what I heard - but suspect its one of the songs my brain has quarantined! ;-)

Fred.

Posted: 7/21/2013 3:32:24 PM
dewster

"Not sure what song that is - and im not going to look for it."  - FredM

Oh, but it's fun!  I bet you can easily guess the original song that inspired it (don't look!):

I met him in a swamp down in dagobah Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda S O D A, soda
I saw the little runt sitting there on a log I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said, "Yoda" Y O D A, Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda
Well, I've been around, but I ain't never seen A guy who looks like a muppet, but he's wrinkled and green Oh, my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda
Well, I'm not dumb, but I can't understand How he can lift me in the air just by raising his hand Oh, my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda, yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda
Well, I left home just a week before And I've never ever been a jedi before But Obi Wan, he set me straight, of course He said, "Go to Yoda and he'll show you the force"
Well, I'm not the kind that would argue with Ben So it looks like I'm gonna start all over again Though with my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda, yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda, yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda
So I used the force I picked up a box I lifted some rocks While I stood on my head Well, I won't forget what Yoda said
He said, "Luke, stay away from the darker side And if you start to go astray, let the force be your guide" Oh, my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda
I know Darth Vader's really got you annoyed But remember, if you kill him, then you'll be unemployed Oh, my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda
Well, I heard my friends really got in a mess So I'm gonna have to leave Yoda I guess But I know that I'll be coming back some day I'll be playing this part 'till I'm old and gray
The long-term contract I had to sign Says I'll be making these movies till the end of time With my Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda, yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda

Posted: 7/21/2013 9:59:27 PM
FredM

"Oh, but it's fun!" - Dewster

Yeah, it is! ;-) ...

Heres one which was stuck in my mind for ages - I loved it when it came out, it was pure therapy having just escaped from the baboons (sorry - thats insulting to baboons!) .. Its now a background "worm" - its triggered by political stimuli..

And oh, I think the song applies even today - only now it doesnt just apply to Afrikaaners.. Yeh! Here I expose my true judgmental intollerant (and even racist?) self! - Except that I dont blame the Afrikaaner for being what they were / are, or the new overlords for being what they are - Their genes / history / upbringing / education / fears (oh, not to mention greed) etc made them all what they are, they were just playing the role cast by their matrix..

So I no longer "agree" with the sentiments (and never fully agreed - I have met some really lovely and brave South Africans, including a few who were full blooded "Afrikaaners" - but they were a tiny minority )

Posted: 1/4/2014 2:04:11 PM
TheIMUman

Here's my ear worm:

Dyarn darndar dar dar dyarnt darnt darntdarnt

Poetry in motion, darnt darntdarnt

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.