KICKSTARTER FILM FEST IN BROOKLYN NY

Posted: 8/1/2013 3:33:52 PM
Thomas Grillo

On 3 August, 2013, at 7:00 PM, Kickstarter Film Fest will be showcasing many of the independent films which benefited from crowd-funding via Kickstarter. One of the productions to be showcased will be the theremin related documentary, Mr. Grillo: The Thereminist. This feature will run shortly after 10:00 PM.

The film fest will take place in one of New Yorks "rediscovered" lots, an open field tucked away amid the hustle, and bustle of Brooklyn, New York, so it's bring your own blanket affair which is free to the public. There will be live entertainment, food venders as well as the film features.

For more information, please visit the following link.

http://www.kickstarter.com/events/filmfest2013

Posted: 8/1/2013 11:37:45 PM
Chobbs

Congrats!- Sounds fun, Unfortunately Ill be out of town.

Posted: 8/2/2013 12:05:04 AM
Thomas Grillo

@Chobbs: Sorry to hear that. Oh, I've been checking the forecast for the Brooklyn area, and it's starting to look like they may have to do a 24 hour scrub to Sunday, as chances for rain are creeping up for Saturday, and Saturday night. I'll keep y'all posted.

Posted: 8/5/2013 4:39:19 PM
Amethyste

How did it go, Thomas? I overheard you meeting Rob Schwimmer and Charlie Draper?

I am jealous :)

Posted: 8/5/2013 5:08:00 PM
Thomas Grillo

@Amethyste: Hi, yes, I missed Charlie's gig in person due to being at the pharmacy getting my meds which I'd left here replaced, but Danilo Parra was kind enough to show me some footage he shot of his gig. I did get to meet both Charlie, and Rob at the Kickstarter event the next evening. They seemed to really enjoy the whole event. I enjoyed finally getting to tag-up with them.

The audience was completely taken by surprise by my live appearance after the Mr. Grillo trailer, and really enjoyed the pieces I performed which were selections from my most recent original modern style compositions.

Danilo also shot footage of my appearance, and is sending the HD master footage to me for me to post. As soon as that's here, I'll post a link here. If I can figure out how to get the pics off my phone, I'll post those in my album here.

Even though I was only on stage for 5 minutes, it was a wonderful experience. All the other films showcased were really quite interesting.

Between Charlies gig on the night prior, and mine, it made for a great weekend for world thereminization.

Wish you could have been there. :)

Posted: 8/10/2013 4:22:31 AM
Thomas Grillo

UPDATE: Yeh, it really happened. :)

And yeh, I was bloody well scared out of my mind with over a thousand eyes watching with the sound of subway trains, screaming audience members, and the sounds car horns honking. BUT IT WAS A BLAST! LOL ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkHaNwOb2P8&feature=em-upload_owner

Posted: 8/10/2013 4:58:35 PM
Thomas Grillo

Just got this in from the Kickstarter team. It's a link to their blog which features much more details about the Kickstarter Film Festival, as well as the other live acts, and films featured.

http://www.kickstarter.com/blog/a-recap-of-the-3rd-annual-kickstarter-film-fest

Enjoy!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.