Question about the Etherwave's Foil

Posted: 9/5/2013 5:52:58 PM
octopusfriend

Hello,

I am currently building an Etherwave theremin kit that is complete for everything... except for the aluminum foil. Does anyone know how thick the foil is and possibly have photos or measurements of its size, shape, and placement, in case I wanted to "hack" it myself?

Thank you in advance!

Posted: 9/5/2013 7:27:14 PM
dewster

Use a piece of 2" wide aluminum tape like the kind they use for ducts.  Cut a piece long enough to go from front to back, position it on the bottom wood roughly centered between the corner brace and the PC board.  Stick it down to the wood and ground it with a screw through the tape into the wood, running the wire to the nearest ground away from the antenna connection. 

This appears to be an integral part of the pitch oscillator, mine got squirrely when I disconnected the ground.

Also, leave some slack in that heavy gauge antenna connection wire, you may need to bend it closer to / farther away from the foil to alter the response (I obviously failed to do this in the photo below).

BTW, my EWS is for sale.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.