Getting Started

Posted: 10/5/2013 7:58:54 PM
HeyMarky

Greetings!

Having found the schematics for a Theremin online, I mentioned to friends that it would be fun to try to build one. One thing lead to another and here I am. :-)

I'm working from the EM article and the later Hot Rodding article. And various hints and clues I've found here in these forums. 

I'm a software engineer who likes to tinker with electronics on the weekend, so ... lets face it, I'm probably way over my head on this, and am hoping that I can get help / advice here.

I've sourced and ordered all of the parts. The last batch should be here by next week. I understand that everyone has time constraints but if anyone could have a peek at the spreedsheet below and let me know if I'm completely off the mark anywhere, I would greatly appreciate it. The part numbers should match the schematic in the Hot Rod article.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkjCWxhrpXSqdEJMVktDNVJjdVJDOGc4TEdZU0psY2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Mark Dyer

San Jose, CA USA

Posted: 10/5/2013 8:54:15 PM
RS Theremin

Hello Mark,

Just want to say welcome CA neighbor. The theremin community has really slowed in the past few years and that leaves even fewer that can assist you on the theremin path you have chosen, maybe two people.

Do you have a brother down here near HB named Chuck?

Good luck,

Christopher

Posted: 10/6/2013 2:52:11 AM
HeyMarky

Thanks to the reply! 

Nope, no brothers. I grew up in the midwest and most of my relatives are still back that way.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.