EHX Octave Multiplexer

Posted: 10/23/2013 9:55:59 PM
Dmi

Does anyone have any experience using the EHX Octave Multiplexer with theremin? 

An octave pedal is one of my favorite effects to use with theremin.  My Boss OC-2 just died and Boss no longer makes them.

Posted: 10/24/2013 5:50:53 AM
Explorer

The Octave Multiplexer is described in more than once place as capable of gnarly, synthy bass fuzz. The OC-2 is cleaner, but if you want to go in the direction of doomy sludge, the Multiplexer could get you there pretty easily.

If sludge isn't your thing... you could either get a used OC-2.

Because of its tone-shaping abilities, I own the EHX POG2, which has great tracking, a built-in high pass filter which allows putting different timbres on the sound, and a slow/fast attack slider (useful when using with my 8-string guitar, but I haven't adjusted it while running a theremin through it). If I'm using more than a tiny multieffect, and want multiple octaves, I'm more inclined to use the Mooer Pure Octave, which allows mixing in up to four different octaves, as well as being able to adjust the original signal's volume.

Dirty octave fuzz is available in other units beyond the Multiplexer, in case you're interested in exploring that kind of thing. "Octave fuzz" is a good search term, and YouTube is your friend when you're curious as to how any of it sounds.

Good luck!

Posted: 10/26/2013 9:31:31 PM
Dmi

Thanks, Explorer.

I picked up a used Danelectro Chili Dog online.  It's supposed to be very similar to the OC-2.  With luck, it'll get to me before my Halloween gig, and I can use it as a back-up after I get my OC-2 fixed.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.