Looking for used Moog Etherwave Standard (Europe)

Posted: 1/26/2014 8:40:58 PM
Thierry

I've actually an Etherwave for sale. Not used but brand new. It had been ordered by someone from Wilco Botermans, even with a nice customized housing (rounded corners). Then it had been sent to me for upgrade with the ESPE01 module and optimized tuning. Before I started working on it, the client had the luck to get one of the tVox tour theremins, sold on eBay by George Pavlov. Thus he asked me if I could resell it at the same price which he paid for it.

So, I offer it in different variants:

a) Original Etherwave Standard with customized housing (see picture below), in its original state and package, with 230V EU power supply, including the "Mastering the Theremin" DVD for 425€ plus shipping.

b) Same as above, but with ESPE01 module added and fine tuning for optimized linearity by me for 500€ plus shipping

c) Further add-ons, please specify and request a quote by email theremin(at)tfrenkel(dot)com

Posted: 1/29/2014 9:08:53 AM
Gibarian

Thierry, this is an good offer and I'd take it if I could afford it.

Unfortunately I can't afford a new Etherwave right now.

Still bumping this thread for others to see! I hope someone buys it.

Posted: 2/20/2014 7:47:08 PM
jurgen

Once ore twice a year I see an used Moog Theremin on "marktplaats.nl" (Dutch e-bay look a like) but they still ask around €300,- for it.

Wilco Botermans (ethermagic.eu) told me, when I bougt my Etherwave, that he don't buy ore sell second hands Etherwave's. (It will be too expensive be course he has to pay tax).
I know that Wilco sometimes sells PAiA theremins. They are not listed on his site, but you can mail him to ask for this or other types.

You could also wait for the new moog theremini. The prise looks a little lower than a Etherwave.

In Germany is golem-instruments.de with 6 different theremins from €99,- til €299,-. 

Posted: 3/16/2014 12:28:56 PM
Valryne

Just stumbled upon this german e-bay auction and remembered your thread ... there are only about 7 hours left though, but maybe you can still be lucky.

Posted: 6/26/2014 8:23:02 PM
jurgen

There is one in Rotterdam Nederland:
http://www.marktplaats.nl/....

Posted: 6/26/2014 8:33:42 PM
Thierry

Haha, I rather think that many people will soon sell their almost new thereminis, apologize, and love their Etherwave more than ever!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.