Roll Call 2014

Posted: 4/25/2014 12:40:24 AM
Amethyste

Hello Tami ~

I don't post often (really busy) but wanted to say "welcome". You are in great hands with Thomas. He has (and still is) helped me a lot through my journey. We have become good friends over time. Enjoy YOUR journey:)

:) 

Posted: 4/25/2014 1:23:46 AM
tami

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm ready for that journey and looking forward to it.  :)

Posted: 7/19/2014 1:20:09 AM
Cathleen

Hello everyone,

My name is Cathleen. I started playing the Theremin a few months ago, and am really enjoying it. I have been looking for someone to practice with in the Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR area but so far have been unsuccessful. Any Northwest Theremin players out there?

Posted: 7/19/2014 2:06:59 AM
Touchless

Hey Cathleen I bet you are smok’en hot… actually you have wild fires burning in your neighborhood. Hard to believe up state Washington could have drought conditions. You do have several Thereminist in the area you indicate. Maybe someone will chime in though we are in a slow period. Welcome to the World of Theremin and enjoy the journey.

T

Posted: 7/20/2014 12:21:11 AM
Cathleen

HAHA you made me crack up! Yes, to the north of my town there are wildfires causing all kinds of trouble. Thank you for your welcome and kind words. And if you hear of any WA/OR Thereminists in the Portland area, let me know!

Posted: 7/21/2014 12:25:54 PM
ProfShadoko

Hello,

I'm very happy to introduce myself to Theremin World!

My name is Vincent Becker, I'm 40, I live in France and I purchased a Moog Etherwave last month.
My musical backround is not ver big, piano lessons when I was a kid, a failed attempt at electric guitar when I was a teenager, and some choir singing a few years back.

My musical tastes range from baroque to new wave, including 70's progressive rock and some metal.

I came to the Theremin with a Paia Theremax which I bought as a kit for an electronic project six months ago. It is a very fun Theremin, with lots of I/O that allows me to connect it to an Arduino microcontroller to interact with things. My next poject with it is to make a Theremin-controlled RC plane.

But then I tried to play it and it wasn't very convincing, so I bought the Etherwave (after thorough search on the web). I also decided to take lessons, so I had my first one last week with no other than Thierry Frenkel as I'm lucky enough to live within 1 hour's drive of Thierry's house. He kindly offered to install his excellent ESPE01 module which is an incredible improvement, and he fine-tuned my theremin which badly needed it.

So I'm a total beginner at the Theremin, practicing the exercises Thierry gave me. I've read and learned a lot on this forum already and hope to continue to do so!

Best regards,

Vincent Becker

Posted: 7/21/2014 1:58:19 PM
Touchless

Shado,

A German living in France speaking perfect English living near Master Thierry? Now that is the whole package and I expect you to excel at theremin performing. Welcome!

T

Posted: 7/27/2014 8:00:18 PM
Mona Mour

Hi!

I`m Mona my english could be better, exused.

Since one week I practice diligently the first notes -my husband has already banned me from the living room..:-) "why you don`t can use headphones?" were his words.

It makes a lot of fun and I really want to learn it! I play some other music instruments more or less well, so I hope I can come back soon from the basement with my Theremin:-)

Most attracts me this retro-futuristic aura of the Theremin. Even as a child I was fascinated by the Theremin. I have fulfilled a childhood dream now.

I hope I will learn a lot about, also with your help.

regards, Mona

Posted: 7/28/2014 2:04:56 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Hi Mona,

"retro-futuristic aura"

Wonderful choice of words!  - Never seen a better description!

;-)

Fred.

Posted: 8/8/2014 2:52:31 PM
Veronica

Hello,

I am Veronica and I am a classical pianist from New York.  I recently bought a theremin and am looking forward to learning how to make electromagnetic music.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.