Theremin needed as TV show prop in Toronto

Posted: 1/30/2014 4:16:22 AM
Jason

We got a request to borrow a theremin to be used as a prop for a TV show being filmed in Toronto, Canada.  If you're in the area and can help out, please send me a private message (via my profile page) and we'll pass along your contact information to the requestor.

Thanks!

Posted: 1/30/2014 12:34:44 PM
coalport

Thought it might be worth pointing out that it is an axiom of showbiz that you NEVER allow anything that you really care about to be used as a prop for a stage or film set, particularly if it is delicate or fragile. You'll get your 'prop' back in pieces in a brown paper bag.

Posted: 2/7/2014 1:20:40 AM
Jason

Apparently the producers are still looking for an EW Pro to use this Saturday and are willing to pay shipping and insurance.  Please let me know as soon as possible if you can help.

Posted: 2/7/2014 4:00:48 AM
Amethyste

I would never send my prized baby anywhere without me!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently the producers are still looking for an EW Pro to use this Saturday and are willing to pay shipping and insurance.  Please let me know as soon as possible if you can help.

Posted: 2/7/2014 6:16:27 AM
RSchwim

Maybe they'll ship you too!

I would never send my prized baby anywhere without me!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: 2/7/2014 1:14:39 PM
coalport

I don't understand why they don't just build a prop themselves. 

The makers of the 2004 film, LES AIMANTS (The Magnets), wanted to borrow one of my RCA's but needless to say, I refused. So they built a cabinet that looked more or less like an RCA and used that (the theremin on the soundtrack was, as is so often the case, not a theremin at all but a rather bad synthesizer emulation).

The theremin player in the movie, according to the film's director, was based on yers trooly! 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.