Sample from Theremin Album Project :)

Posted: 6/3/2014 4:20:24 PM
Amethyste

Hey there :)

Doug Hammer and I are entering the final stages of music post production and we are proofing

all of the songs before duplication and printing :) We are so very excited. I wanted to share with you a 

sample of one of the song titled "Crimson Sky". This project consists of Piano and Theremin, improvised. What you hear is what we did in the studio, but I did punch in sections to take care of pitch and timing in sections.. I hope you enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/tekWA149RjM

Posted: 6/3/2014 6:13:24 PM
dewster

Beautiful Amethyste!  Interesting to see your volume hand work in the wave envelopes!

Posted: 6/3/2014 7:55:20 PM
Amethyste

Hello Dewster!

Thanks for the nice comment :) It has been a very rewarding project, both creatively and musically. I was ble to further my musicianship and also sharpen some improvisional skills as well. I am very grateful for the opportunity!

Posted: 6/3/2014 8:31:22 PM
DOMINIK

Amey,

sounds promising! Question: what program is being used? That program seems to generate the envelope of the sounds. I ask because of my latest interest in transforming sound to graphic (like graphical sound-tracks on film).

Dominik

Posted: 6/3/2014 9:36:50 PM
Amethyste

Dominik ~ Thank you for the nice words. Doug is using Digital Performer. :)

Posted: 6/3/2014 11:53:32 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Amey,

That is superb - the sections of this album I have heard are really growing on me!

As Dewster noted, the envelopes are interesting.. Something I never realized before was the almost "inverse" envelope you employ a lot - slow attack with comparatively quick decay.. It really fits in this piece, sort of seems to compliment the pianos envelope.

Fred.

Posted: 6/4/2014 2:35:45 AM
Amethyste

Thank you Fred !

I guess I kind of play the theremin the same way as I would sing. But overall, I think I try to find the center of the note first before I gain volume and vibrato... Interesting observation you boys made!

Posted: 6/4/2014 1:28:17 PM
dewster

Amethyste, is that the EWPro you're playing in that recording?  The timbre sounds very pure.

Posted: 6/4/2014 1:54:53 PM
Amethyste

Dewster ~

Yes, all of the theremin sounds on that album (including the recording in the short sample above) were created on the Epro.

You think it sounds pure? I used the 2nd notch from the left on the timbre setting.

Posted: 6/4/2014 2:32:50 PM
dewster

Sorry, "pure" is kind of vague.  I guess I mean the timbre sounds like the waveform is rather fixed.  Which in the EWPro it likely is?  I'm not complaining, it sounds very nice, particularly in (or should I say near) your capable hands!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.