Private Messages Not Working

Posted: 9/19/2014 4:26:47 PM
RS Theremin

Clicking on the upper right envelope sends me to a blank page. This started yesterday. I wish the envelope changed color (bright green) when a message was present.

Windows 8.1  Explorer 11

Web Address box =  http://www.thereminworld.com/messages

Thank you

Christopher

Posted: 9/20/2014 12:36:56 AM
Jason

Is this still a problem for you?  I have the same version of Windows and IE and it's working for me now.

Posted: 9/20/2014 1:32:14 AM
RS Theremin

Hi there,

Still arriving on blank page Web Address box =  http://www.thereminworld.com/messages

My old XP Firefox machine just grinds away like trying to connect after the above address shows up also.

I think my name RS Theremin in the message database is corrupted and can't be found. I can get to a message through the email link sent out by clicking on.  -> View this conversation.

After I read the message at TW and click on Home / Conversations same problem.

hum....

Christopher

Edit: This only started in the last two days, Jason where have your fingers been?

Posted: 9/20/2014 2:03:15 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Jason,

It never worked for me either with XP and any IE XP supported (8.2 was the last I tried I think).. But I had loads of other problems with IE under XP, changed to Firefox and all worked fine - Also worked with Google chrome.

Problems I had (if I remember right) were:

1.) could only see first line of incoming PM

2.) Blank page when trying to open message

3.) Unable to compose or send messages

I dealt with this at first by having both Chrome and IE (I hate Chrome) and using Chrome only for PM.. Then when IE was being rejected by more sites etc, I made the switch to FireFox and have never looked back.. Wonder why I stayed with IE for so long..

Does Windows 8 have an XP compatibility mode perhaps? could this be the problem?

Fred.

Posted: 9/28/2014 4:04:58 PM
Jason

Thanks for the info.  I'll try to figure out what's going on here.  I haven't changed the code in a very  long time, so I don't have any immediate ideas as to why it's borked.

Posted: 9/30/2014 6:41:21 PM
RS Theremin

Hello Jason,

I tried to leave a message in the comment box on the Home page and it would not accept my words. This must have something in common with the PM message box.

I can change my name from RS Theremin to something else, that might work. That name is getting old. Maybe I will go with TW Theremin. (-'

Christopher

Posted: 9/30/2014 6:57:52 PM
RS Phoenix

Hello Jason again,

I have been born again as "RS Phoenix" and everything works fine.

Christopher

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.