taking a break

Posted: 10/24/2014 10:50:00 PM
GordonC

i didn't think I'd ever say it, but I'm taking a break from the TW forums for a while.

I'm not disenchanted with the theremin, and I'm not cross with anyone here, but I got into the theremin primarily for my health - I find it a wonderful relaxation that helps immeasurably with my M.E., and it has led me on some great adventures and I have met some brilliant and very special people, but of late Theremin World has ceased to be one of my happy places and has turned into a daily dose of misery. :-(

And on top of that I find myself seriously considering buying a theremini for no better reason than sheer bloody-minded cussedness. That's not the person I see myself as, and it's not an indulgence I can afford.

So once that feeling has gone away I'll be checking in occasionally to see if the theremini threads have finally run out of steam and we have all got back to sharing our love of the theremin and are bickering amiably about it instead of pouring out scorn I'll be back.

To those who I don't see on other forums, stay well and keep the faith! You're fantastic people.

Posted: 10/24/2014 11:00:35 PM
RS Theremin

There’s a battle outside and it is ragin’
It’ll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin’    Bob Dyland

Gordon you have always been the man of reason on my journey and I thank you for that.

Christopher

Posted: 10/24/2014 11:19:16 PM
dewster

"So once that feeling has gone away I'll be checking in occasionally to see if the theremini threads have finally run out of steam and we have all got back to sharing our love of the theremin and are bickering amiably about it instead of pouring out scorn I'll be back."  - GordonC

I'm sure that I had a part in driving you off Gordon and for that I apologize.

OK, that's it, I'm selling my Theremini and will do my level best to not discuss it further here at TW, and particularly not in an emotional manner.

Posted: 10/25/2014 3:00:12 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Gordon,

I cannot apologize for anything I have said about the theremini technically - but I am sad that this has stressed you. Hope you recover quickly. 

Fred.

Posted: 10/25/2014 3:53:34 AM
DOMINIK

Hi Gordon. Not too good news for readers like me. I must say that i enjoyed reading your postings.

Stay well!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.