Can braces affect Theremin Playing?

Posted: 1/12/2015 1:22:42 AM
rkram53

Posted for TempesT:

Hello.

I was wondering, would having braces severely impact my theremin playing? I didn't realise that I would be getting braces in january when I got my theremin back in december.

I know my question is random, but I couldn't get to where I could create a new thread. I apologize.

Posted: 1/12/2015 3:11:56 AM
Jeff S

That's an amusing thought.  I seriously doubt there's enough metal there to affect the theremin what-so-ever.

Can having braces affect your theremin playing?  I'd have to say yes.  After you get them adjusted periodically, the resulting aching of your teeth could easily make concentrating on your theremin playing difficult.

Posted: 1/12/2015 4:48:10 AM
dewster

The presence of metal around Theremins is way overdramatized.  Braces are like a drop in the ocean.  Just don't set the thing down on a metal desk and you'll be OK.

Posted: 1/12/2015 10:53:29 AM
GordonC

If we are talking about braces as in "trouser supports" (in American English: suspenders) then yes, if you get your thumb trapped in them it will probably have an adverse effect on your pitch accuracy.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.