MOOG THEREMINI USERS

Posted: 2/22/2015 7:57:03 PM
Thomas Grillo

@CraftyWitch: Glad to hear you were able to update finally. Yeh, I don't recall seeing anywhere in the manual any mention of downloading the updater, so how's a body to know these things. Right? It at least does come in with the firmware update download. Still would've been nice to know up front. Eh? I think you'll find the PC version of the advanced editor much easier to work with than the ipad app, at least in terms of ease of browsing to, and sharing presets.

Posted: 2/23/2015 1:47:22 PM
GordonC

I think Moog must have quietly fixed that. The firmware upgrade folder I downloaded includes the C6 app for Mac and Win.

The iPad editor app is the same as the Mac app (and I guess the Windows app too.) It works just fine with no little problems or unnecessary complications - except that I *hate* those knobs. I can't dial up an exact number at all with them. In particular I want exact numbers for the volume loop volume (100%, mostly) and I would love to be able to change delay timings by a millisecond, or even less, when working with very short delays. Grr.

Posted: 2/23/2015 3:22:47 PM
xtheremin8

@gordonc: to get finer adjustements on those parameterers: a ipad midi controller with tb-midi-stuff or touch osc. both work nice and are ultrasimple to handle and to create your own surface. the cooler thing about tbmidistuff is the doubleclick function for every knob, wich opens a up/down incriment button and jogwheel, so it's possible to fine tune as fine as possible. i'm not sure , if i should make them availlable to others or not, because it's not official. and if, where to place them.

Posted: 2/23/2015 5:53:51 PM
GordonC

xtheremin8 - I would be interested to see your TouchOSC surface - I have TouchOSC on my iPad mini and a working example seems like a good way for me to start understanding it. I guess Dropbox would be fine if you have it.

i am also keeping an eye on this, which has been "coming soon" for a while now.

http://numericalaudio.com/theremidi/

Posted: 2/23/2015 7:00:46 PM
xtheremin8

that editor seems like the playground for the official one. a early developement. it looks so similar, also the names for the waves are the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8o9ff2aoqlwt3r/theremini%20with%20msb%3Alsb.touchosc?dl=0

....errr, my first dropboxed file. hope the link works? usual"warning": use at your own risk. (don't fear, i just have to write a warning.) it's a two paged editor, with leds for each antenna! check the difference of them....the waves are a bit confusing, the buttons are on/off. :-(  also the msb-values got me a bit confused, so all lsb-valued faders feature a second msb-fader.(on tbmidi it's both in one fader.) not sure how to solve that on touchOsc. edit: also that upside down thing of the surface you might notice? anyway,it's far from perfection, see it as a first try, and open for anything.

Posted: 2/24/2015 1:19:58 AM
GordonC

Got it just fine. Thank you so much. It's so much nicer to use than the editor app. And noise sounds good, too. Yeah, it's a bit quirky at the moment, but you warned me.

i am going to have to get into building little interfaces. My idea would be to make control panels that just do a few jobs specific to a particular piece of music rather than a complete set of controls. My feeling is that whilst playing I want to concentrate primarily on the antennas (and a midi expression pedal) and I want to be able to very quickly slide a big slider or push a big button and get back to the important task of waving my arms around.

Posted: 2/24/2015 2:24:09 AM
xtheremin8

glad to hear it worked, both link and the surface. dropbox and such, seems to be easier than i still think it would have been some years ago on win98.

yes, it's a bit clumsy, with the fine adjustement. and the knobs, the toggeling....;-)  i forgot: if you set up the theremini midi out to channel one and use cc# 1+2, the two "led" light up. i'm quite glad that midi works on that instrument, brings up complete new ideas for controlling the controller! btw.: that delay timing by miliseconds and feedback are both with lsb/msb, coarse and fine. quite a difficult thing, to get those two interesting parameters go smooth.

Posted: 2/24/2015 9:13:32 AM
Jesper Pedersen

New Theremini editor out for the iPad.

Posted: 2/24/2015 3:41:44 PM
Thomas Grillo

@Jesper Pederson: Yep, Just saw the update for it come through this morning. Lots of fixes, and such.

Posted: 2/24/2015 9:42:38 PM
Jesper Pedersen

It's now the same as the Win/OSX version it seems. They changed the waveform names of animoog 2 and 3 to bright and hollow which makes a lot more sense.

/jesper

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.