possibility of implimenting Frequency modulation to a theremin?

Posted: 2/19/2015 3:14:04 PM
Fission

Hello All!

I am new to this forum and fairly new to Theremins in general, i currently go to school in the topics of sound design and electronic music production and absolutely love using my Etherwave theremin. any who to get to the point i was curious about a Multi Oscillator Theremin when the thought crossed my mind that this could possibly be an ideal method of FM. I'm pretty new to all this and would like to know if anybody has any input Knowledge of this topic i would love to be educated on this or a concept of how to build a multi ocsilator theremin

Thanks!!! 

Posted: 2/19/2015 3:46:19 PM
Thierry

You could FM the pitch of your Etherwave by adding a LFO signal to the voltage which comes from the pitch tuning pot and goes to the pitch tuning circuit. That's simple, quick and efficient. It allows depending on your adding circuitry (use a simple OP amp adder circuit) and on your LFO amplitude a FM deviation of +/- 400Hz.

Using a quad OP amp like the TL074 should allow you to create the LFO and the adder stage around one single IC.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.