Anthem - Study #3 for Theremin

Posted: 3/15/2015 10:00:03 PM
rkram53

Another in my theremin studies that can stand well on its own as a piece. Wrote this last September as I was practicing my Etherwave. I didn't play well enough to keep it in tune then.

I thought this would be a really nice piece to show off the "Antares Choir" plugin that I wrote about before. This piece sounds like it should be a choir singing to me. This was only a take doubled with the Antares in two different configurations. It might sound even more realistic with more doubling.

Played in the simple doubling accompaniment with an organ like patch. The piece would be fine for Theremin and Organ. Another one I will post the score for on IMSLP when I get a chance. People might actually want to play this one as it has a very simple but quite satisfying melody. Can't think of writing a simpler piece than this.

Anthem - For Simulated Theremin Choir

Posted: 3/17/2015 10:50:54 PM
rkram53

And if you are interested in playing the piece, the score is here. Wrote this with a very simple keyboard part that most anyone should be able to play (though there are a few meter changes) and it doubles the melody an octave lower to help out the beginning thereminist. This piece emphasizes jumps up to a fifth (primarily major thirds and perfect fifths).

Anthem - Score

Posted: 3/18/2015 7:33:41 PM
Luna

And if you are interested in playing the piece, the score is here. Wrote this with a very simple keyboard part that most anyone should be able to play (though there are a few meter changes) and it doubles the melody an octave lower to help out the beginning thereminist. This piece emphasizes jumps up to a fifth (primarily major thirds and perfect fifths).

Anthem - Score

Thanks for posting the score. 

Posted: 3/19/2015 4:29:27 AM
zoogie

I like it.  Wouldn't happen to have it as a midi file that you could share?  If not, mind if I make one?

Posted: 3/19/2015 4:34:28 PM
rkram53

Thanks.

I'll post a MIDI file of the accompaniment on IMSLP. I played it on the slow side. It can go a bit faster.

Rich

Posted: 3/20/2015 3:16:21 AM
rkram53

OK. you can go here to get the MIDI file. However it may take IMSLP a day to go through the vetting process if it is not visible yet or the link does not work. I think I just created this with the accompaniment so you can play along with it if you send it to a synth or run it from a DAW, etc.

Anthem - MIDI File

Posted: 3/22/2015 2:59:17 AM
zoogie

Thanks!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.