Anyone in Washington?

Posted: 7/4/2015 11:59:53 AM
RePO

Theremin World!

Just recently moved to Washington state and I'm looking for Theremin players to jam with. Any correspondence back would be most appreciated. I currently live a couple hours North of Seattle. Willing to pack up my Theremin "Tilly" and have fun.

Peace,

-RePO

Posted: 7/6/2015 3:50:45 AM
Jason

Are you in Bellingham?  You should definitely check out the Spark Museum up there to see their vintage RCA theremin.

I'm in Sammamish, which is just east of Seattle.  Welcome to the best state in the land!  :)

Posted: 7/8/2015 12:13:36 AM
RePO

I'm in Whidbey Island. So just a little outside of the Bellingham area. I saw a Theremin in the Art Museum in Seattle. However, its been well over used... I'd say, aside from my mishap with my Theremin. It looked to me in worst shape. :/ 

Thank you for the warm welcome to Washington. It's a lot different of a life style around here. For sure. Sammamish? Is that anywhere near the water park I just visited this last weekend off of I-5?

Posted: 7/15/2015 6:24:27 AM
Jason

Whidbey Island is great.  Which art museum has a theremin here?  The SAM?  I'll have to check that out!  I believe the EMP has an RCA, though it's not always on display.  

Sammamish is a suburb of a suburb of Seattle.  Often called "the safest city in the state" for one reason... it's also very boring.  I like to think the Theremin World HQ brings a little culture to the town :)

Posted: 7/16/2015 7:03:40 PM
RePO

The EMP has the RCA which is the only Theremin I've seen as of late.

Whidbey is an amazing place to be "secluded" and also find earthreal inspiration.

Posted: 7/17/2015 9:29:38 PM
Jason

Agree.  Whidbey is pretty amazing.  We were there on Mother's Day playing in the low tides.  2 bald eagles came within 10ft of my daughter.  I think they were possibly checking her out to see if she'd make a good meal!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.