Beginners question

Posted: 10/17/2015 7:34:19 AM
Clive

Hello TW ,I have just bought a moog etherwave theremin on eBay, so I've been searching the Internet for advice and help etc. My question is ,can I just plug the theremin in to a guitar amp,or is there a mod that is required first, also can I plug it in to my stereo amplifier, (that's going to please the wife )  thanks  clive.

Posted: 10/17/2015 11:59:08 AM
coalport

Clive, yes, you can plug your Etherwave theremin into a guitar amp but it will probably not be compatible with a living room stereo without some attenuation of its output. If you overload your stereo, you could damage it. 

What I suggest you do, unless you want to end up in divorce court, is to get yourself an small amplifier with a headphone jack (unless your unit is already provided with one) so that the only person who will be driven crazy by your thereminizations will be YOU!

When you get to the point where you can play recognizable melodies with reasonable accuracy on your instrument, you may want to use your stereo system for playback accompaniment.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of the Theremin! 

Posted: 10/17/2015 12:33:19 PM
Clive

Thank you coalport for your very wise reply, I will definitely take your advice, thanks  clive.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.