The Theremin World Halloween Project

Posted: 10/25/2015 4:06:04 PM
Jason

Since the theremin and Halloween go hand-in-hand, I thought it would be fun for us to score the holiday!  

I've started a new SoundCloud playlist for spooky theremin music.  I'd love it if our readers would help contribute.  RK, I seeded it with your Halloween waltz, because I think it's a great example! 

Think of this as the ultimate background music for Halloween parties and haunted houses.  We're not looking for perfection... just spooky fun. Feel free to use heavy effects or mix in other instruments (pipe organs, cellos, blood curdling screams). 

To contribute, just upload your song to SoundCloud and post a link to it here.  I'll collect them all into the shared playlist.  If you don't want to mess with SoundCloud, you can either email me your audio file or post a link to it here, and I can upload it on your behalf.

I realize we only have 1 week to get this done, so let's rally and make it happen!

Posted: 10/26/2015 2:02:49 AM
rkram53

Thanks Jason. Happy to help the cause.

Rich

Posted: 10/26/2015 9:48:11 AM
GordonC

Darn. I'm in the middle of disassembling my studio ready to put new flooring down. Is it ok if I contribute something from my next album rather than record a new piece?

( This: https://soundcloud.com/beat-frequency/arachnomancy )

Posted: 10/26/2015 2:34:48 PM
Jason

Sure thing!  I'll add it to the playlist.  Thanks for the contribution!

Posted: 10/26/2015 11:03:15 PM
rkram53

Gordon,

Now that's what I call cooking on a Theremini!

Is everything done in real time through Lemur?

Rich

Posted: 10/26/2015 11:26:49 PM
GordonC

Basically, yes.

In addition, the effects chain was an EHX Analogizer (i.e. bucket brigade and overdrive) and a digital delay, and in post production I applied noise reduction, faux stereo and matrix reverb, but other than that, it's all theremini controlled by a Lemur interface, two hands and a foot.

Posted: 10/30/2015 9:44:51 PM
RoyP

Hi,

have posted (I think!) a bit of a weird number called 'This is not a pumpkin' on Soundcloud.

It wasn't like I had imagined it to begin with and just kind of went weird all of it's own doing...

https://soundcloud.com/roy-min/this-is-not-a-pumpkin

Posted: 10/30/2015 10:50:52 PM
Jason

It's great for Halloween!  I've added it to the playlist.  I'll look around SoundCloud for some more examples tonight, but there's still time for folks to send in submissions!

We'll start this on Oct 1st next year.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.