Theremini versus Eitherwave as far as "Theremin sound".

Posted: 4/7/2016 5:05:03 PM
Bothand Nether

Having an awful lot of fun with My Theremini, it may be a toy, but it's a very musical one for Me.

I don't play mine the way You are "supposed to", but whatever gets the job done.

My left hand needs to play accompaniment, vol is by footpedal.

Posted: 4/7/2016 5:29:21 PM
oldtemecula

Hey Both and Nether,

Welcome to Theremin World. There are so few of us left that my New Years resolution was to be extra nice to Theremini owners. You are a bit younger than I am but we do have a connection in our past. Back in the 80’s my favorite place to bring friends was Hamburger Henry’s on 2nd street, across from the Northwoods Inn.

At 5700 ft look directly south from where you stand and I will be waving.

Then there was ice cream at Farrell's, Stonewood Center.

Christopher

Posted: 4/7/2016 8:45:21 PM
Bothand Nether

Hi!
No need to be extra nice, regular nice is fine :)

I am a singer primarily but like to think I can make a song on anything...

You & I probably crossed paths back then,I'm 4th generation Long Beachian - I even worked @ LB Brokerage during the eighties :) - I miss alot of those Belmont Shore bars...Murphy's was a great view :)
I was raised by the marina, quite literally. I lived at a castle on 1st & roswell in that period....good times.

I collect & use Old radio tubes and have been known to put one of those PIAA theremin kits into a vintage drive-in speaker enclosure. :)

I am slowly learning how to coax a voice-like tone out of this creature, but it helps to have a '61 Fender 6G15 'verb chamber full of 50's military tubes to warm anything up a little bit,lol.
I plan on filming a session & putting the audio to it, once I get some more time on it.

Posted: 4/7/2016 9:16:49 PM
oldtemecula

Bot said: "I am slowly learning how to coax a voice-like tone out of this creature"

I think we are going to get along. . .

From 1969 to 1989 I lived and raised my son on PCH at 16th street HB, could watch everyone surf from my windows when it was big, you know like "Endless Summer". I call myself a left over hippie, pony tail and all, never sold out.

What type of singing do you do?  Me and theremin have been dating for 15 years and odd as it may seem I have never met a musician or Thereminist. In my bio I mention giving a theremin away with the classic sound to someone gifted in my area, I was just kidding. (-'

You drive down the mountain everyday? ouch!

Edit: I do have a nice vacuum tube tester if ever you needed to test some. Bought it in 1972 to do TV repair.

Edit2: A miracle is happening... today it is raining in So. California, the rivers will flow again. (lasted about an hour)

Christopher

Not my backyard but awesome... then we got old. )-:

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.