Hello from Amethyste and video...

Posted: 3/16/2016 12:34:20 AM
Amethyste

Hey Friends of the Eather!
Well, I have been away for a while, as many of you noticed... Unfortunately, I have been stricken with a pretty strong
bout of depression for almost a year. I lost all desire to sing, to play the theremin and even to tend to daily life was a chore. It was pretty bad but luckily, my husband who is my rock ~ was able to help me through this tough journey. I am doing much better now ~ Thank Goodness! I hope to never live this again!!

As for music ~ I am working slowly on a new theremin/vocal album titled "Alien Moon". There will be several talented guest artists
wonderful lush soundscapes and somewhat reflective/meditative nature... New-age/ambient like. :)

Here is an excerpt of one of the piece titled "L'Ondine". I hope you enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/Thereminist/videos/10153580828698198/?l=9083419074962609660

Even if you do now have a facebook account, this link will let you access the video. I hope it works!

I hope you are all doing well!!

Amey

Posted: 3/16/2016 4:20:31 AM
dewster

Amey, just gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing your compositions & performances!  You are an incredible world-class player! 

Posted: 3/17/2016 2:28:41 AM
Amethyste

Thank you Dewster! You are really kind to say :)

Posted: 3/17/2016 1:38:48 PM
Luna

Hi Amethyste,

I've mostly been away, too, due to being back in school and also job hunting.  It's nice to hear from you.

I'm having fun w/my new Eplus.  Took it to an "experimental" jam session at a local jazz club this week.  I found a side to myself I didn't know existed.

Cheers,

Beth

Posted: 3/21/2016 5:34:20 AM
Tomdog54

Hi Amethyste,

Glad you're making music again...hope you can find some daily solace in your music.  I've been to that dark place.  Still enjoying Secret World often, and looking forward to your new stuff! Peace. -T

Posted: 3/22/2016 1:52:43 PM
bisem

Amethyste,

I am sorry to hear of your set back but am very excited to see you performing again!  We need to chat ;^)

Hugs,

Brian

Posted: 3/23/2016 12:11:10 PM
coalport

Amey, it has been pretty obvious for some time, particularly to people like me who follow what you do, that SOMETHING was wrong. Depression is a terrible thing and apart from the usual anti-depressant meds that do little more than help people cope with the daily darkness, there's nothing you can do about it except get through it.

Well, YOU GOT THROUGH IT!

Welcome back.

I've never known an artist who hasn't had to deal with this kind of thing from time to time. I guess it just comes with the territory!

Posted: 4/5/2016 1:36:23 AM
Amethyste

Wow, thank you everyone for the nice words !! I have missed you all a lot :)
Living with Depression is exhausting :P But I am doing it without medication.
I have started to notice my triggers and working on them on a daily basis. But I am much much better

and one thing I noticed is, well ~ I need to create in order to stay sane! It can be a vicious circle :)

Thank you all again!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.