Finding that pleasing illusive sweet note

Posted: 5/27/2016 12:47:23 AM
markallie

dewster: For displaying pictures. I almost did exactly that except I copied the link from the browser address bar. I will try exactly what you wrote next time. In your opinion is it OK to post .wav files in the forums (fori)? I ask because oldtemecula asked to hear what I thought was not a pleasing sound from the Rev 1 theremin for my lab.

I started looking at the digital theremin stuff. Haven't read much yet. I am quite experienced in Digital Signal Processing on fixed and floating point signal processors. Even did some fixed point on an FPGA for the aircraft industry. I am offering any assistance I can if you need any or want any.

Posted: 5/27/2016 4:55:54 AM
dewster

Damn the torpedoes man, post away! ;-)

I'm very interested in your take on the digital angle.  Not too many have FPGA experience, though I think it's ideally suited to this sort of thing.

Posted: 7/31/2016 1:19:59 AM
Art Harrison

FWIW, here's a little article I wrote on the kind of oscillator used in my 145 theremin:
http://www.theremin.us/Circuit_Library/differentialpairosc.html

Posted: 7/31/2016 1:20:16 AM
Art Harrison

FWIW, here's a little article I wrote on the kind of oscillator used in my 145 theremin:
http://www.theremin.us/Circuit_Library/differentialpairosc.html

Posted: 5/9/2017 3:25:47 PM
rupertchappelle

Christopher:

"Edit: With a theremin it is a sin to break from tradition in the classic design and operation of the antenna's, or no Master Thereminist would ever come near it or play it and newbies would have wasted their time learning from it. "

Then it is a sin to play without vibrato, play over an 8 octave range and play staccato.

I am delighted with the lack of competition!

Since I am now damned, I expect to win a theremin playing contest with the devil.

Posted: 5/9/2017 3:58:11 PM
oldtemecula

Rupert it has been a long time.

Like sex the theremin experience can be different for everyone. I asked a girl once if she wanted to see mine and she slapped me. surprised

Christopher

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.