Theremin for the Holiday's Concert

Posted: 12/3/2016 5:51:47 PM
RePO

I've been working really hard on the studies of Theremin Concert playing. Aside from my debut nearly a month ago. I figured on doing a new show and adding some holiday songs to the play list while also playing song I enjoy. So, here's my play list:

Edelweiss
Silent Night
The Swan
Scarborough Fair
Can't Help Falling in Love
Greensleeves
Songbird
Nothing Else Matters

I'm thinking this is a pretty solid set list. In total the show is about 31 minutes, plus or minus a little crowd talking too. :D One thing I remember when I saw an act on stage for the first time. The artists was like, song, song, song, song and then the concert was over. I made a mental note when I played live to have a crowd dialog every so often. LOL! Like, it's supposed to be enjoyable for the audience and the player!?! LOL! Anyway, I hope you all enjoy. I'll post a video from the show when it all goes down the week following.

-Sean

Posted: 12/5/2016 3:20:37 AM
RePO

Played my set list for my mother, (my worst critic since I was a kid). Apparently... She told me to add "Hallelujah" to the set list and preferably to the closing of the set list. 

Posted: 12/9/2016 10:22:24 PM
jocala

I'm going to play for a family gathering of 18. I'm a week out and still dithering about what to play.

I've been working on:

The Christmas Song

Silver Bells

Oh Tannenbaum

Adeste Fidelis

Ave Maria

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

The Little Drummer Boy

I'm going to cut it down to three or four pieces. Good luck to you when you play!

Posted: 12/16/2016 3:49:49 PM
RePO

The concert was a success! Played a couple of songs outside of the play list I posted over a week ago. However, the crowd was totally into it.

The manager of the establishment was impressed as well and asked me to do it again next Thursday the 22nd at around 6:30.

Playlist included:

Silent Night
Santa Baby
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Edelweiss
What Child is This?
Scarborough Fair
Hallelujah

Pretty solid. At the very, very end of the night I pulled off some Fleetwood Mac as well. Gotta have my Nicks-fix. :D

-Sean

Posted: 12/22/2016 2:09:27 AM
Hank Black

are you playing a B3 deluxe?

Posted: 12/22/2016 7:57:12 PM
RePO

"are you playing a B3 deluxe?"

Yeah, it worked really well. I was very impressed with the sound designer and his abilities to make the performance really shine.

Posted: 12/31/2016 10:13:26 PM
RePO

Here's a full video of my Christmas Concert! I hope ya'll enjoy.

-Sean

Posted: 1/1/2017 8:56:50 PM
Hank Black

Nice work.  I know hard it is to nail melodies on this thing.  I bought one recently.  I also got a Moog Therimini even more recently which has features that are like training wheels on a kid's bike; I like it.

Are you staring at a tuner while you are playing, or just zoning out in meditative concentration?

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.