Etherwave or Harrison - which to buy ?

Posted: 7/28/2017 12:23:30 AM
rupertchappelle

I play intervals and the note spread is over an 8 octave range.

No aerial fingering, no practice, no rehearsal, no retakes, recorded live except for the National Electrophonic "Mother's Day Suite" which was recorded using three tracks.

Don't view the National Electrophonc videos.

You don't have to listen or see to know it isn't what you want to know about.

No wonder so few post here anymore. 

Goodbye.

Posted: 7/30/2017 11:45:51 AM
ILYA

Opalwood,

some discussion in the related topic:

http://www.thereminworld.com/Forums/T/28690/plate-antennae-vs-pole-and-loop

Posted: 7/30/2017 9:52:17 PM
rupertchappelle

After purchasing an Etherwave, whatever happened to MaryW?

Posted: 7/30/2017 10:25:19 PM
dewster

MaryW was last seen at TW May 10, 2014.  It's anyone's guess what happened to her in the meantime.

Posted: 7/30/2017 11:59:07 PM
Opalwood

"Opalwood, some discussion in the related topic: http://www.thereminworld.com/Forums/T/28690/plate-antennae-vs-pole-and-loop"

Thank you ILYA - I really enjoyed reading the healthy discussion between rupertchappelle and dewster about the pro's and con's of either option.

The Etherwave range is available here in Australia but the Harrison seems far more elusive - in fact there seems to be just one secondhand one available.

The Harrison is also 1/3 the price of the Etherwave Plus (my preferred Etherwave option) therefore i will purchase that one asap.

Rest assured, my OCD/mad collector of all that i like tendencies have dictated that i will order the Etherwave for my own Christmas indulgence or i will live always wondering which style suits me.

Thank you one and all for your input to my post - i will certainly keep you up to speed on my entry to the world of the theremin from the perspective of a complete novice.

all the best Shane.

Posted: 8/1/2017 11:48:42 AM
rupertchappelle

It is easier to play on pitch while playing seated. 

Happy theremining!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.